INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can i set a Default Preset for the columns shown in all playlists?  (Read 441 times)

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck

I've been working on configuring my columns to show exactly what i want. I've saved those column settings as a Preset which shows when i right click on the column headers. Is there a way to make this the default preset/column setting for every new Playlist? Also, is there a way to automatically change all my playlists to use this preset without having to go into every single playlist and select the column preset (I have dozens of playlist)?

I did search the wiki, but couldn't find an answer.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can i set a Default Preset for the columns shown in all playlists?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2023, 02:25:29 pm »

I've seen this question quite a few times, and could not remember the answer.  I did some searches and the only answer I could find is that there is no way to set a default for all views or playlists or anything else.  The column preset is individual to each one of these.

At least that's what 7 minutes of google searching says.

Brian.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2023, 02:28:52 pm »

I had a similar lack of success.

Perhaps if there is no way to do this, it could be requested as a feature to be added?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2023, 03:22:57 pm »

I'll look at adding the ability to save columns as the default for new playlists to a future MC.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 08:00:05 pm »

I think a companion feature would be the ability to select multiple playlists, or views, and assign a column layout preset to them.  A default for going forward (new items) is probably the first priority.  But for people like the OP, being able to set the column layout to a preset, for hundreds of playlists at once, would really be a life saver.  After all, what happens when you decide to tweak your default preset?

Thanks for reading.

Brian.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 09:21:33 pm »

I agree :D
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2023, 07:14:29 pm »

I think a companion feature would be the ability to select multiple playlists, or views, and assign a column layout preset to them.  A default for going forward (new items) is probably the first priority.  But for people like the OP, being able to set the column layout to a preset, for hundreds of playlists at once, would really be a life saver.  After all, what happens when you decide to tweak your default preset?

YES! I make a change to one column and then want to update all my playlists to reflect the change. It's way more than tedious. It's very close to impossible. I'd love the ability to select dozens of playlists and update all of them to a preset at once.

Also, If i update a preset, it would be fantastic if every playlist using that preset would update, but they do not. It has to be done manually, one at a time. For people like me with in the neighborhood of a hundred or so playlists, this is extremely frustrating.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 07:32:29 am »

If I remember correctly you can customize the view under the view header after you resize or add/subtract columns and just save it.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 01:51:32 pm »

If I remember correctly you can customize the view under the view header after you resize or add/subtract columns and just save it.

Yes you can, but that only effects that one playlist. It does noting for the other 100 or so playlists i have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up