INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlists in libraries served to JRiver are not visible  (Read 406 times)

Barza

Playlists in libraries served to JRiver are not visible
« on: November 21, 2023, 12:32:07 pm »

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere - I have looked on this forum and elsewhere and not found the below discussed.

JRiver has the ability to switch to using a library served via DLNA/Upnp rather than one maintained locally. I am finding that when I do that, JRiver correctly displays and can render the individual (audio) files in the library I have switched to. But it does not provide any access to the playlists which are part of that library.

In my specific case, I am switching to a library served by MinimServer running on a QNAP NAS. If I use MConnect on an Ipad and select Minimserver as my source library, I can see the playlists which are part of that library, and play them to any Upnp/DLNA renderer. But from either the JRiver remote app, or the windows PC application, I have no access to the playlists that are part of that library. I can see all the individual audio files in JRiver, but no playlists.

To avoid any confusion, I am not talking here about importing playlists designed when using one library to be used in another. I am talking about switching to a different served library as a whole in JRiver which has functioning playlists as part of it, and then being able to play them. As it stands the playlists do not appear anywhere in the JRiver PC or remote app so it is as if they do not exist.

Any insights much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up