INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA not changing songs  (Read 469 times)

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
DLNA not changing songs
« on: November 23, 2023, 08:13:11 am »

For many years i've used the DLNA feature of Media Center to play music to my steereo which is a DLNA receiver. I haven't used it in at least 6 months. Today when i tried to use it to listen to Christmas music, it will only repeatedly play the first song in any play list and just continually repeat the song.

I've rebooted my iMac running JRiver 31.0.83 and unplugged and plugged back in my stereo receiver. It allows me to select the JRiver Media Center DLNA, then choose playlists and select a playlist. When i then select thesong to play intstead of playing through the playlist it just repeats the first song over and over. I've tried several different playlists and they do the same thing. The repeat function of the stereo receiver is not on. I'm using an Onkyo TX-8270 receiver.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: DLNA not changing songs
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 10:49:13 am »

Please check the repeat setting for that DLNA zone in MC (if it shows up as a zone).
What are your DLNA server settings in MC?

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 07:23:59 am »

I do not have a zone set up for DLNA. It runs in the background and sends music to my stereo which is a DLNA renderer and on the stereo I can select playlists, artists, albums etc to play.

There are a LOT of settings for DLNA, i haven't looked at them oi changed them in years and this problem of it repeating the same song over and over is recent. Can you be more specific about which settings you would like me to screen capture?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2023, 08:43:48 am »

If you have MC set up as a "DLNA Server", then the repeat is controlled by your Receiver, not MC.

If it's setup as a "DLNA Renderer", then it can still be the Receiver, but perhaps you can also check the MC repeat options in the menu toolbar: Player -> Repeat -> Repeat Off.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2023, 10:01:59 am »

MC is set up as a DLNA server. In addition i play locally from MC to DAC in my office.

I have toggled the repeat fuction on my receiver, the indicator light goes on and off when toggled, but the song repeats regardless of the toggle. It seems like the Receiver is asking for the next song from MC but it doesn't get it so reloads the previous song and plays it again.

I've used the same receiver and same MC settings for years without any problems. I only use it when we have friends over, so at Thanksgiving i tried to fire it up and ran into this problem for the first time. I rebooted everything on my iMac and unplugged and plugged back in the receiver. That did not help.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2023, 05:05:05 pm »

You can enable MC logging and reproduce the issue, to see what requests MC is receiving from the device and if there's any error.
Help -> Logging.

Also... check the playlist contents in MC. Perhaps you have the same song(s) multiple times, and the receiver is just playing them in alphabetical order?
Pages: [1]   Go Up