INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Specify DSP to apply to one view only, or create DLNA server?  (Read 332 times)

couchjr

• World Citizen
Specify DSP to apply to one view only, or create DLNA server?
« on: December 01, 2023, 04:29:59 pm »

I am preparing to install Theoretika's BACCH-DSP on the Mac Mini that is my hardware server; MC is my player. BACCH4Mac uses some heavy-duty processing to do individualized (per speaker geometry and listener head-transfer function) crosstalk cancellation in the listening room. It can handle PCM files with sampling rates up to 192 kHz, but not native DSD files. It does not do transcoding of DSD to PCM. My main MC library includes some thousands of DSD albums (in addition to as many PCM albums) that I'd like to be able to run through the BACCH software. I want to use MC's dsp studio to do the conversion, so I'd like to be able to identify these files (e.g., file extension = .dsf) as a group with a default dsp instruction for that group. But I would not want to apply any dsp to the same files when accessed directly from the main library as I normally do.

I have created views for things like genre = jazz which aid in browsing but do not apply any processing or other configuration changes. I have also created a DLNA server to allow my upstairs streamer to access my main library, which if I recall correctly does allow dsp to be applied when that server is selected (it plays only to the remote system). But I will be wanting to listen to the BACCH-treated files through my main system, with the option to bypass the BACCH processing when in default "Player" view.

So how can I create some sort of group (of all .dsf files) to which I can apply default dsp conversion when accessed through that group, while leaving the DSD files unconverted when accessed through my main library Player view?

Thanks in advance for any insight into what I realize may be an elementary question . . . .

couchjr

• World Citizen
Re: Specify DSP to apply to one view only, or create DLNA server?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 05:50:03 pm »

Follow-up: In case I wasn't clear, what I'm looking for is to have MC convert the files (preserving gapless etc.) from DSD to 24/192 PCM and send them to the BACCH software on the same Mac Mini, which will output them to an external DAC. So if DLNA is required to do this, I presume I'd need MC to create another server on the Mac Mini and have MC also act as a renderer on the Mac Mini (unless the BACCH software can act as a DNLA renderer, which I doubt) that can send the converted files as input to the BACCH software. Hopefully there's a simpler way to do this.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 08:32:07 am »

I wouldn't consider that to be an elementary question.

At any rate, it sounds like your BAACH software presents a audio device that you can see in MC's audio devices configuration? (along with core audio, etc)??

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 08:35:15 am »

It's a job for zoneswitch https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 10:08:30 am »

It's a job for zoneswitch https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Zones
That's what I was thinking if it presents a pseudo audio device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up