INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Better handling of audio streams when an error occurs  (Read 155 times)

winnebago

• Recent member

When playing a video it is very onerous to select which audio stream you want to use when opening a video file. If the stream is not supported by the playback device, JRiver stops playback and goes back to library view. JRiver saves the last audio stream it was instructed to use regardless of whether it works properly or not. When you try to open the video, it uses the same stream that failed and took you to the error screen about not being supported by the playback device. Then it's back to the library view.

I would like to have a better way to handle audio streams when opening a video. Give us a dropdown if we get an unsupported stream. That way we can choose something that might work better. Another thought is to add audio streams to the right-click menu in library view. That gives us a choice when opening the video to start with the selected audio stream.

I hope this makes sense. I love JRiver. It is my hub for all my music and videos. I hope my idea can make JRiver better.

Peace
Pages: [1]   Go Up