INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AudioPath over DLNA (...again...)  (Read 570 times)

Alex_W

• Recent member
AudioPath over DLNA (...again...)
« on: December 06, 2023, 11:08:50 am »

Profuse apologies for resurrecting this old topic.

*setup:
-- JRiver 31 (was on 28 until a week ago; waiting for the 32 ;) ) in a virtual Linux box on a NAS; library on a NAS; files are a mix of stereo and multi-channel .ape, .flac, .wav (most 16 bit/44.1 kHz, some 24 bit/96 kHz), .dsf -- there're no issues here;

-- renderers are two separate network-connected devices with their own amps/speakers (TEAC NT-505 and Sony STR-DN1080); each has an associated JRiver DLNA server with separate settings -- also no issues after some minor tweaking, they do what I'm asking of them;

-- controller: I login remotely to the virtual Linux box (RemoteViewer) and use the main JRiver interface to serve music to the renderers -- yet again, no big issues here.

*some details and the question:
-- TEAC-associated DLNA server has:
Audio Mode --> specified format if necessary,
Format --> 24 bit PCM,
Audio/Advanced --> files to convert .flac and .ape,
Audio/Advanced/DSP studio has a couple of things set (EQ, some up-sampling just to play with).

I know the DSP is being applied, since TEAC shows the "up'ed" sampling frequency of the file served, and I can hear the EQ working... now, to the question (...drumroll...)

the AudioPath stays empty, "not using JRiver audio engine". How do I get it to populate?

I recall reading that setting AudioMode to "specified format" will populate the AudioPath, but I don't want to convert .dsf files... I also remeber reading that "specified fromat if necessary" _should also work_...

What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Alex

Pages: [1]   Go Up