INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inconsistent Duration Times in Playing Now with DLNA  (Read 220 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Inconsistent Duration Times in Playing Now with DLNA
« on: December 12, 2023, 02:19:37 pm »

I am playing an Amazon Playlist from my Wiim App to a DLNA device (Wiim). The Wiim is a streaming device that also supports DLNA and has its own app. MC sees it as a DLNA device. In Playing Now, I see what is playing on the Wiim and the Total Time of the track is displayed in the top Display but in the track listing below the Duration is much larger and I cannot tell what it is. It seems to jump around and does not change while the track is playing. It may be related to the length of the remaining playlist. The playlist is shuffled so as it shuffles the tracks the duration may change accordingly.  It seems like the Duration in the track list should be the same as the Total Time of the track, not something related to the length of the playlist. MC is clearly getting both times back from the DLNA device.

See attached.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Inconsistent Duration Times in Playing Now with DLNA
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 12:37:09 pm »

OK, one more oddity. When a track starts, for the first few seconds the Total Time of the track in the top display shows the same long Duration as in the track listing but Total Time then changes to the correct total time. Duration does not change. It remains the same large value in the track list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up