INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't change size of file pane  (Read 200 times)

Alypius

Can't change size of file pane
« on: December 12, 2023, 07:56:26 pm »

I'm not sure if I'm using "pane" correctly; when I select an artist or album, the title list pane opens on the bottom of the screen. The problem is that it only shows one or two tracks and I haven't been able to figure out how to resize (preferably click and drag). This happens with all views--e.g. Albums, Artists--when "view as Categories". How can I easily adjust the size of the track listing? Thanks!

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Can't change size of file pane
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 06:33:36 pm »

The bar/line below the text "Brian Setzer Orchestra Files" (with a downward pointing triangle on the right) is called the splitter bar - hover your mouse over that.  Your cursor will change to a double arrow indicating the ability to drag it up or down to make the window bigger or smaller.

To clarify some nomenclature: the upper window is the the content area, and the bottom window is the file list.  "Panes" in MC refers to a specific layout style, which is not what is displayed in your screenshot.  I would also point out that you can change the file display (the lower window) to a detailed list - that way, you can show many tracks in the queue (you are currently displaying tiles, which takes up the most room by far).

You may find this link useful, as it describes/names MC's different sub-areas. https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Standard_View_Skinning_Tutorial

Alypius

Re: Can't change size of file pane
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2023, 07:13:40 pm »

That's awesome, thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up