INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fullscreen on Mac?  (Read 1037 times)

tdipower

• Recent member
Fullscreen on Mac?
« on: December 15, 2023, 03:40:14 pm »

Hi.

Was looking into upgrading my v27 license to v32, but as far as I can see there is still no fullscreen option?
Ref. to this thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129426.msg897954.html#msg897954
So that the green orb brings the app into full screen an that the app is easy to interact with.

Also, is there a more compact view over news from v27 to v32 other then the complete changelog?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Fullscreen on Mac?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 12:49:07 pm »

Read about Display View on the wiki.  Full screen has been possible for a very long time.

Check your settings for Options > General > Behavior.

tdipower

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 02:54:24 pm »

Read about Display View on the wiki.  Full screen has been possible for a very long time.

Check your settings for Options > General > Behavior.

You refer to this? https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Display_View

And under Options > General > Behavior, I don't see anything about display...
And the green button is still just a plus sign, not a fullscreen symbol.
But it can be changed?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 03:29:54 pm »

Look again.  Jump on play.

tdipower

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 03:46:22 pm »

I can play a video in full screen and in theater view, but I still can't find a way to use the standard view in real fullscreen, only full window.

Jump on play only let me go to theater view, and that view is not useful to me.
I use JRiver as a music player and that is only good in default view mode.

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2023, 06:46:24 pm »

Native Mac "full screen" behavior, which puts an application in its own space, is not supported by MC.  As you have observed, maximizing the window makes it take up the entire screen area.

Going into Display View puts MC in its own space, but of course that is Display View and not Standard View.  The best you can do in Standard View is to make your own space, move MC to it, and maximize the window.

I like Macs and have used them for well over a decade.  But I'm a little confused by the number of people that think full screen in a separate space is a good feature.  I understand that it removes the top bar and hides the dock.  I understand that this might be cosmetically more "clean looking".  But I don't get why it's something that is so sought after.  I just maximize MC and use it.

If you feel differently that's completely fine by me.  I'm just expressing that I don't get this particular desire from some Mac users.

Brian.

tdipower

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2023, 05:50:22 am »

:-) I have also been a mac user for more then a decade, almost two now. And as a user of Windows for 30 years, I didn't get the "full screen" mode in the start. But after getting a MacBook with a good touchpad, the ease of use of this full screen apps is a bliss! Even switched to a touchpad for my desktop mac. Using JRiver with maximized view on it's own desktop is kind of ok, but it lives along other apps, and there is windows or error messages and so on opening in the same desktop.

Why not just make the JRiver app modern? As you see in the linked thread for JRiver 28 there is a request for this feature from other users. I have asked for this change since 2014 and since JRiver 20 feature request.

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2023, 01:29:24 pm »

Apple sets the 'standard' for their OS. Has its upsides too, their new arm machines are legitemately pretty impressive. Microsoft cant just decide to effectively drop amd64, Apple can.

People do expect their apps on mac to have fullscreen.

TP1964

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2024, 10:11:06 am »

I agree with implementing the Mac full screen in MC32 - MC is the outlier now, it would be nice to have it function like the majority of other Mac software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up