INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to tell JRiver the new location of my music?  (Read 443 times)

songsequencer

• Recent member
How to tell JRiver the new location of my music?
« on: December 16, 2023, 01:59:18 am »

I've had iTunes for about 20 years.  From time to time, due to growth of my music collection or other factors, I'd have to move my iTunes library to a new drive.  To do that, I simply move the iTunes folder to the new drive, go to iTunes Preferences:Advanced and type in the new location of my iTunes library.  Then when i open iTunes, it goes there.

I just moved my JRiver folder of music, but I can't figure out how to perform the same operation. I went to a wiki page about the matter but got lost in the complexity.  Is there a simple way I can just tell JRiver the new location of my JRiver folder like I can with iTunes?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How to tell JRiver the new location of my music?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 06:59:59 am »

Moving Files on the wiki.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

songsequencer

• Recent member
Re: How to tell JRiver the new location of my music?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2024, 10:27:55 pm »

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134520.0.html

This was helpful.  However, I messed up something in doing it.  When I typed in the path, I didn't realize I was only supposed to go as far as the main path.  I used your suggestion to try one album first. 
The old path: /Volumes/JRiver Music Home/JRiver Music/!Compilations/[Album name]
I put the new path in as /Volumes/FireCuda 1/JRiver Music/!Compilations

At first I thought this worked, so I did all the albums, but then I realized that to do all 34,000 songs at once, I couldn't use the folders, so I did the rest this way:
New path: /Volumes/Fire Cuda 1/JRiver Music

That worked properly.  Now the problem is that I have a separate location called !Compilations that I don't know how to get rid of.  I tried the name change from the original new path listed above (putting it in the "old path" section in the dialog box) to the correct new path listed the second time, but it didn't help.

In addition, since I don't need the old location anymore, I highlighted that one and clicked delete.  Eventually the name disappeared but the icons for a blank location still appear.  How do I get rid of those?
Pages: [1]   Go Up