INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Certain file keeps re-importing every day  (Read 411 times)

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
Certain file keeps re-importing every day
« on: December 17, 2023, 09:42:01 am »

I like the Recently Albums view, but it has recently been having an issue where this album (which is a 1 file WV file) keeps re-importing every day?  It is in my Auto-Import folder.  I have deleted it from MC, then it re-imports.  I've also done nothing, and it keeps jumping to the front of the line, since it re-imports itself every day.  Any ideas what would cause this?

I have also manually edited the import date on the file, but it just refreshes the next day with the new date.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: BUG: Certain file keeps re-importing every day?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 09:57:27 am »

Isn't there an option in the auto import settings to say don't import previously deleted files?

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: BUG: Certain file keeps re-importing every day?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 12:17:56 pm »

Isn't there an option in the auto import settings to say don't import previously deleted files?

I can try that but I do want it in my library, just not as the most recent item all the time.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
Re: Certain file keeps re-importing every day
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 12:32:17 pm »

I can try that but I do want it in my library, just not as the most recent item all the time.
Did the problem start before you deleted?
There are a couple of threads about the date imported field getting updated unexpectedly.
If I understood it properly the possible explanation is that the server is set up to run autoimport on a schedule. However, when it runs the hard disks with the files on are offline, so they are removed from the library.  Next time it runs the disks are online and the files are added back to the library with a new date imported.

If you do a search you should be able find the threads with a fuller exlpnation and some suggested work arounds

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 03:40:51 pm »

Yes, the problem started before I deleted.  I tried to delete it from my library, because of the problem.  After I deleted it, it just came right back.  Like you said I could disable the auto-import of deleted items, but then it seems I won't have the file in my library anymore. 

The scenario you explained is not happening.  The file is located on a disk that has many other files that are in my library, but don't exhibit this behavior.  If the disk was going offline, there would be hundreds or thousands of albums going offline then online again.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2023, 10:27:31 pm »

I believe I have corrected this issue, by adding this one single folder to the "Exclude" list of my Auto-Import.  Still, it is very weird, and annoying, to have to do this for a single folder without any explanation.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 02:34:15 pm »

Here's a thread about the deleted items database and how to clear it, which may be helpful:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=135107.0

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2023, 03:00:29 pm »

I had a problem like this for some time

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=136212.0

Had to delete it from the deleted files database multiple times before it stuck but got there in the end
Pages: [1]   Go Up