INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crashing issue  (Read 304 times)

Audiolab 1

Crashing issue
« on: December 20, 2023, 09:05:31 pm »

Hi. since 12/20/23 the media player crashes, freezes then crashes. Also getting msgs for lav splitter to download, but never finishes. Nothing was changed on the pc. Its been working for months before. Installed the media player on another pc and the same issue. I cant understand what could of happened. Cant even get it to run a log capture. just freezes or crashes to desktop.

Thanks for any advice.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Crashing issue
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 12:21:36 am »

That could be a background update. 

Antivirus?  Configure Windows Defender and don't use anything else.

Audiolab 1

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 11:58:49 am »

Did all excemptions to windows defender. still the same.. Not sure if a windows update has caused it, as it only started on tuesday.  Not sure why its the same on the other pc.. Could something with my internet be blocking access to the media player updating? I changed DNS servers incase it was the issue. Im out of ideas. Makes no sense been ok for months now its freezing and crashing. Reinstalled windows now and still the same. strange.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 12:04:41 pm »

Failure to update won't crash MC.

Bad file?  Do both machines access the same library?

How fast does it crash?

Does it matter what you play?

What's the error message or how does it behave?

Audiolab 1

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 01:32:38 pm »

no both machines dont access the same files. No error is shown.. sometimes it shows lav splitter is installing. but the msg comes and goes. It takes at least 20 seconds for the media player to start. If you try to click anything it freezes then gets the windows msg the program is not responding to wait or close the program. Event viewer shows that the program stopped responding. It makes no sense that it happened without changing anything.. Was using the program fine. turned off the pc, turned it on about 4 hrs later to use the media player and it wouldnt work. I cant fathom what could of changed.

Update:
For some unknown reason the player has started working normally.. opening instantly and not freezing.. I havent changed a thing. So weird.
Thanks for the replies
Pages: [1]   Go Up