INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad II MG Problems  (Read 1732 times)

Zeke

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Nomad II MG Problems
« on: February 11, 2003, 10:44:58 am »

Since updating to MC version 9.0.109 and the Nomad II plug-in version 9.0.02 I have been unable to upload any files.  The upload is denied because of 'no rights to transfer'.  Up until I updated to the above versions everything worked.  I have tried both enalbing and disabling personal rights managment with no effect.  Any help would be appreciated.

System: 2.2 P4, Windows XP Pro SP1, 1024 RAM

Thanks

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Nomad II MG Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 11:33:49 am »

Zeke,

I just retested this on XP with no problem. Do you have the stand alone drivers installed from www.nomadworld.com?  If so, can you email me one of the files you are having problems with and I will try to duplicate what you are seeing?

Thanks,

steve @ jriver.com

Zeke

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 04:53:03 am »

Steve,

I am using the drivers from Nomad.  The player works with their software (playcenter).  I did try downloading and reinstalling the drivers with no change.  The problem I am having is with the message 'no rights to transfer' which is being reported by the driver hh_nomadII.dll (the one I downloaded from the plug-in site).  Could this be a setting problem?  Thanks again for the help.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 07:26:42 am »

Zeke,

I do not think it is a setting problem. It is more likely something about your files. Could you send me one?

steve @ jriver.com

Zeke

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2003, 08:24:04 pm »

Steve,

I updated to the latest MC version 9.0.111 with no change.  I tried a new MP3 player - Rio S35.  When sending any file/song to the player it does not show up when you click on the player.  The songs that are already on the player do show up.

I will email you one of my files, but some how I don't think it's a problem with the file.

Thanks.

Zeke

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 09:31:45 am »

I just reinstalled MC 9.0.111 and the Rio S35 and Nomad II MG handheld plug-ins with no change.  I noticed in the MC plug-in folder that the handheld plug-in for the Rio S35 is not present, but instead a different one is.  I tried to install the plug-in for Rio S35, but the one that installed is for the Rio 600 (the Rio 600 is also available as a seperate plug-in).  Is there a possiblity that this could be causing the various problems I am experiencing?  How do I go about getting the correct plug-in for the Rio S35.  Thanks.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 04:54:58 pm »

Zeke,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was not in today.  I will test the file you sent tomorrow. The file hh_rio600.dll is the correct file for the Rio S35. There is a command line switch that installs some correct information when you click on the appropriate plugin (i.e. Rio S35) but the file you see in your Plugin directory should  be hh_rio600.dll.

When you drag the files to the Rio, are you then clicking on the Rio S35 and then selecting "Upload"?

I will post more tomorrow.

Steve

Zeke

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 06:43:08 pm »

Steve,

When I drag files (sent them to the handheld) to the Rio S35 then click on the Rio nothing shows up.  Because nothing shows up the option to upload does not exist.  What ever files are already on the player do show up.  I can easily download files onto the player with Rio Music Manager so I don't think there is a problem with the player.  Thanks for your help.

SteveG

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2003, 04:18:31 am »

Zeke,

You must drop the files on the enumerated memory type. Expand the S35 icon and then try dropping the files on the "Internal" icon.

Also, try right clicking on files and selecting "Send-to" then select Rio S35.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up