Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JVC NV8  (Read 186 times)

aaronthe barron

JVC NV8
« on: December 23, 2023, 07:02:28 pm »

Hi Manni,

Just wondering if you can help , I have nz8 with 130inch 2:40 screen. What is the best setting you are using in JRiver media centre?
Thanks

Just installed V31 and started playing with it.

First of all, congrats on the progress on JRVR, the DTM has much improved.

I have a few questions:

1) I use a DCI P3 with a 2.4 gamma as a baseline for my JVC NZ8. When using JRVR set to P3 / gamma 2.4, the gamut looks right but it looks like there is some black crush (confirmed with the S&M brightness pattern). What are the correct options to get proper DTM? This is without a 3D LUT first. [EDIT: I selected a 30000:1 custom contrast, which is the native contrast of the PJ with the current settings, laser dimming disabled].
2) Re 3D LUT, I'm assuming we can use any 3D LUT created for madVR using Colorspace / Calman / DisplayCal, am I correct? If so, can we target gamma 2.4, or do we have to target gamma 2.2 for the LUT to be valid?
3) Re vertical shift for black bar detection, it's great to see that you plan to add this feature. Two questions about this: 1) Any ETA for this to be implemented and 2) I understand that the black bar detection is done offline to save processing time, when adding the files to the library. I use JRiver as a player with CMC as a front end. Please can you make sure that the metadata will be used for the vertical shift even when using JRiver as a player, as long as the metadata is present in the library for that title? Vertical shift is a key feature on my 16/9 screen.

Thanks and keep up the good work! :)

Once I've resolved these set up questions, I'll do more testing and will report back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up