INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fix for Long running "Feature"  (Read 489 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Fix for Long running "Feature"
« on: December 25, 2023, 07:49:26 pm »

Hi there - back on the boards after having to rebuild a new PC after zapping my old motherboard while cleaning it...

In the Linux version there is a long running annoyance that does not seems to happen on the other versions. If you enter text into a tag or the search box top right.. it does not 'stick' After entering the first character, the search drop down box goes behind the main screen and where you are typing looses the focus. You have to click multiple times on the search term/ tag that you are entering to be able to complete the rest of the text... difficult to describe or even see.. but I'm guessing for those who know what I mean it an annoyance for them also. Not sure if this may be a X-Term or whatever window rendering issue but when updating many taggs on newly imported items it quickly goes from an annoyance to a real time waster.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Fix for Long running "Feature"
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 11:44:00 pm »

Be sure you have the latest.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 02:51:25 am »

Indeed I do - and this behaviour has been around for as long as I have used the Linux version ~ 15months. Cheers.
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 03:18:34 am »

Which desktop environment?
MC does have multiple problems under kde, it seems designed to work properly only in gnome as far as I have seen

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2023, 05:26:42 am »

Yes you are right I am using KDE atop of Manjaro 23.... Looks like I will have to get used to it for a while. Maybe there is a repeatable sequence I can learn to streamline. Thanks for the info.

David
Dave
------
Pages: [1]   Go Up