INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GIZMO Image Slideshow  (Read 587 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
GIZMO Image Slideshow
« on: December 26, 2023, 10:19:26 pm »

In Gizmo when selecting an image playlist or smart list or view by Album, etc. there seems to be no way to get a slideshow to start as there is on a PC. It works as @marko describes in the quotes below.

@marko has posted about this issue at least twice over more than 10 years. It seems it still does not work. Is there a solution for this I have overlooked or not been able adequately search and find on Interact or with a google search?

Should this be a feature request for MC32? I just upgraded to the MC32 licenses before starting this image streaming project.

It is amazing to me and a tribute in my opinion to JRiver that I have been coming back to MC since around 2007 to accomplish tasks I can't find other solutions. My reason to be back again is trying to find a use for my old Android devices and cheap tablets to use as digital picture screens paired with Gizmo and MC media server.

I backup all my photos to OneDrive but it does not have a slideshow feature. They are synced to my HD that the Photo app would work nicely with the OneDrive albums if I was wanting to do the slideshows on a laptop.

MC has so much more capability. I had envisioned creating smart lists to do slideshows streamed to Gizmo for the "On This Day" OneDrive Feature and expanding it to things like pictures on 12/25 for a Christmas Day smart list to span over the years. I was envisioning so many lists and albums I could create and play it seemed limitless with MC. For it to be useful for my purposes Gizmo (or other Android/Web option) would need to support slideshows for images from MC media server though. I do not want to have to create exports of the playlists to SD cards that would have to be updated individually.

Maybe JRemote2 does not have this issue but its description mentions streaming audio and video but doesn't mention images on the play store.

------------

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,68555.msg461795.html#msg461795
Slowly but surely, Gizmo's image handling is getting better, but is still lacking some features that I would consider pretty crucial...

Pressing "Play" on an album, for example, does not actually start a slideshow. In fact, I have been unable to get a slide show to run at all.

Touching the screen advances to the next file, this is OK, but why not gestures? Swipe left to advance to the next image, swipe right to go back one. I want this so bad it hurts!! ;)

I absolutely love the 'film strip' along the top, but seriously, when tapping the screen to advance to the next file (film strip is hidden) 40 photos in, some one says, "whoa, go back, let's see that last one again"... We can't swipe right, so, let's go up for the film strip... only, it has not kept up with the current image... cue much dragging, watching the little thumbs intently to find the spot we're looking for... all just so we can go back and see the previous image...  You see? The film strip needs to keep up with the currently displayed image.

Pinch to zoom? I tried it and of course, as soon as I touched the screen, it moved to the next image :( Any plans to add that?

-marko

And back in 2010
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,57910.50.html
I find it a little frustrating that in portrait orientation, I cannot access the "Play" option. It's off the right of the screen, and it won't scroll to get me there.
Something's not quite right with picture viewing. I pick an album to play, and the first picture shows up on the screen. The next picture never arrives. Instinctively, I drag a finger from right to left to try and bring up the next image, but nothing happens. Then I find that if I scroll up, there are player controls off screen below the image... ahaa... BUT....
Pressing the "Play" button to start an apparently stopped image slideshow brings up a "Paused" message on the screen. So, it wasn't stopped at all... I press "Play" again, and again, the slideshow does not start. The "Next" button works though...
Scrolling up to get at the "Next" button, then down to see the picture, then up to get at the "Next" button again, then down to see the picture etc. etc. is not nice. When viewing pictures, can it be made so that dragging a finger from right to left or left to right brings up the next or previous image? How neat would that be?

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: GIZMO Image Slideshow
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2024, 12:13:36 am »

I have continued to search the forum and the Wiki and not found much about image play back on DLNA or from a Library Server. I did find this thread which makes me think from Bob's post this was fixed in MC18.

Any chance to get a Slideshow (DLNA Push Mode) implemented in MC18?
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=78669.0

In the next generally available build:

Implement DLNA image slideshow when pushing an image playlist to a renderer. Follows slideshow logic that MC uses including the image duration in Options->Images->Slide Show Duration.

When playing media from Gizmo I do not see the device listed in the Playing Now to even try the DLNA settings mentioned in that post for "Disable SetNext support" or "Disable Transport Events option".

So I also thought I would try using Library Server to another PC. I get a different issue that the images seem to play but I get a black screen. The thumbnails display in the view scheme and hover I get the image pop up. The DNLA Settings are available but nothing changed that I know of since I get a black screen on selecting Play.  I was hoping if this worked I would try the Android version of MC to play image playlist.

There isn't much documentation on playing images on interact threads discussing the issue maybe it is supposed to work out of the box without much fiddling.

Robo983

• World Citizen
Re: GIZMO Image Slideshow
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 06:09:25 pm »

Solved:

I was finally able to get image slideshows to work using BubbleUPnP app on Android to MC 31.0.87. It connects nicely to MC and easily played a slideshow with over 600 images in the smartlist on loop. I haven't tested anything else with MC since Gizmo does a nice job for audio and video and my only gap was the need for a slideshow with images. Now I just need to become an expression master to create my desired playlists mentioned in my first post on this thread.

I tried the JRiver for Android connecting it the library server and it was less functional than Gizmo to play images.

Hopefully this post will help other save time. I continued to search Interact and Google but never exposed any solutions. Maybe future releases of Gizmo and MC will support image slideshows over UPnP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up