INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Add Duplicate Files To Playlists  (Read 172 times)

donlboy

• World Citizen
Can't Add Duplicate Files To Playlists
« on: December 28, 2023, 12:15:51 pm »

I have used numerous playlists which intentionally include multiple copies of the same audio or video files for several years. As-of today I can no longer create a playlist that includes duplicates. Existing playlists with duplicated files still work, but when I try to add two or more copies of the same file into a new PL the second copy does not get added. In fact, I added a new song to one of my existing PLs that included duplicates and all the duplicates disappeared!

I am on fully updated Win 11 and using MC 31.0.87 and it worked until today, no new updates that I am aware of. I looked for any setting that might prohibit PL duplicates but did not see anything.

Any ideas appreciated.
Don

donlboy

• World Citizen
Re: Can't Add Duplicate Files To Playlists
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2023, 01:31:34 pm »

I have used numerous playlists which intentionally include multiple copies of the same audio or video files for several years. As-of today I can no longer create a playlist that includes duplicates. Existing playlists with duplicated files still work, but when I try to add two or more copies of the same file into a new PL the second copy does not get added. In fact, I added a new song to one of my existing PLs that included duplicates and all the duplicates disappeared!

I am on fully updated Win 11 and using MC 31.0.87 and it worked until today, no new updates that I am aware of. I looked for any setting that might prohibit PL duplicates but did not see anything.

Any ideas appreciated.
Don
Update. I restored a library backup from two days ago and now it works OK. I lost all of the changes I had made since the backup, but I got the PL functionality back. Must have been a problem in the library files. BTW, normally when I add duplicate files I get a popup asking if I want to eliminate duplicates. There was no popup when it was not allowing duplicates to be added.
Pages: [1]   Go Up