INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last Played: Never played, What are the conditions?  (Read 282 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Last Played: Never played, What are the conditions?
« on: December 29, 2023, 11:39:20 am »

Hi,
Recently I have noticed that some songs on a CD is marked as Never Played although I know I have play them. Maybe not the whole song, but that has never stopped MC from marking the song with the date when it was last played. Has this changed with MC31?

What are the conditions for MC to considered the song as played and showing the date it was played. Is it for example xx seconds or do I have to play the last seconds of the song or what?

As I mentioned I have never noticed this before MC31 so I hope that is not changed.
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Last Played: Never played, What are the conditions?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2023, 12:12:56 am »

If played beyond 50% before stopping or skipping, MC will consider it to be "Played".
If less than 50% before stopping or skipping, MC will consider it to be "Skipped".

If playback is via JRemote playing "on the iOS device", last played stats are not updated unless the track is played completely.

-marko

Captor

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2023, 02:41:03 am »

If played beyond 50% before stopping or skipping, MC will consider it to be "Played".
If less than 50% before stopping or skipping, MC will consider it to be "Skipped".

If playback is via JRemote playing "on the iOS device", last played stats are not updated unless the track is played completely.

-marko
Thank you very much, Marko. Yes that is exactly what I wondered about. Sometimes I just listen trough a CD briefly in order to decide if I want to keep it or not. Then I just play some % of the songs. So you are saying I need to play more than 50%. OK, but I can not remember it was narrow like that in previous MCīs but I can not say for sure. Sometimes I get the feeling if I jump inside the song and playing maybe 30% and then jumping to the end and playing 5% there it is marked as "played" too. Sometimes if I play ONLY 30% the same, it was marked as played as well. But it is only a feeling since I havenīt checked this for real. "Just a feeling" can sometimes turnout to be wrong.
JRiver for music

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2023, 02:50:13 am »

My understanding is that the check is performed when stop is pressed, so, you can jump to beyond 50% and press stop. It will mark as played.

Captor

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2023, 03:12:17 am »

My understanding is that the check is performed when stop is pressed, so, you can jump to beyond 50% and press stop. It will mark as played.
I must play more than 50% then. No matter where in the song. beginning, middle or end. Or jumping 20% + 10% + 20% = 50%. OK, thanks.
JRiver for music
Pages: [1]   Go Up