INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I close tabs?  (Read 552 times)

Gwilson

• Junior Woodchuck
How do I close tabs?
« on: January 01, 2024, 02:20:43 pm »

I have a lot of tabs at the top of JRiver - 1 for the item playing and then 5 for start, 1 for overview and 2 say"new tab".  I just want the item playing.  With this many things in the space the links for youtube, wike etc are off the right side.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Howdo Iclose tabs?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 02:23:33 pm »

There is an x on each.

Gwilson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 03:30:16 pm »

No X on my screen.  I now have 10 tabs showing.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 04:06:46 pm »

ctrl-w keyboard shortcut also closes the active tab

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 04:12:28 pm »

You can close tabs via middle-click, which is, FYI, the same behavior every Internet browser uses to close browser tabs.

That said, you can force MC to show the tab close buttons by going to Tools/Options/Tree & View/Advanced.  Once there, you will see a checkbox for show tab close buttons.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: How do I close tabs?
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 10:56:55 am »

If your tabs don't have an "x"... something weird is going on.  Custom skin?  Maybe re-install.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2024, 01:03:02 pm »

Unless the checkbox shown in the attached pix is checked, no skin will show the tab close "x".

This is a fairly new change to JRiver in the last year - I know, because I'm the one who requested the change.  The close button makes tabs much wider and is unattractive IMO.  I requested the ability to close tabs via middle click (just like Internet browsers do) and give users the option to hide/show the close button in order to reduce the tab width if desired.  It was well received by those who participated on that particular thread and is now a part of JRiver.

Bottom line, reinstalling MC will not help. Only one skin does not show tab close "x" regardless of that checkbox setting, and that is the current Dream In Blue.  I know this because I'm the Dream In Blue skin author.  I hated the close tab button so much I purposely left it out of my skin XML file altogether.  That said, if you really want to add it back, I described how to do it in the initial post when I launched that skin:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128460.msg891359.html#msg891359

If you follow the instructions contained in that thread, you will then be able to hide/show the tab close button like you can with every other skin.

I've have had a Dream in Blue update in the works for the last year, and I keep promising I am going to release it any day, but I just keep finding ways to procrastinate completing the final touches.  But when I do, the tab close buttons will be there by default so that the tab close hide/show setting will work, without any XML file customizations required by the user.

I hope this lengthy answer completely resolves the OP's issue.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2024, 05:39:16 am »

The little x to close the tabs can be hard to see depending on what skin you have loaded... Mine do not appear in blue on the black tab until I hover over it.

Also Right click with the mouse will close all other tabs except the one you are right clicking... give it a try in terms of landing on the spot you'd think it would be on - maybe that will speed things up for you...?

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up