INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on DLNA servers and "unassigned" values  (Read 350 times)

HiResGeek

Question on DLNA servers and "unassigned" values
« on: January 04, 2024, 01:22:00 pm »

Hello,
New member here, forgive me if this thread has been answered. I searched the forum and did not see any obvious matches.

I have just installed JRiver MC31, which I am using to stream files from my media PC to a Denon DNP-2000NE. I have set up a custom view that uses physical location, since my media library is far too large to use the predefined views on a network player with no OSD. The DLNA is configured to map to 3 different directories on three different drive letters (see attachment.)

What I have noticed is that a couple of the folders "D:\Music" and "G:\Hi Res Audio" show up properly on the player, while the "H:\DSD" folder does not. Instead I see something called "Unassigned" when navigating through the Location view, which is only sporadically accessible.

A couple of questions:

1) is this a commonly reported issue? I've seen other mentions of "unassigned" problems, but not specific to custom file path views;

2) does the MC DLNA renderer take some time to "refresh"? i.e., is there some sort of internal caching that occurs in the app and should I wait a bit?

Thanks in advance. If there are other threads about this, please feel free to link them. I appreciate the support.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question on DLNA servers and "unassigned" values
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 01:19:30 am »

I will take a guess that "Unassigned" means the directory has not been imported into your currently active MC Library, and hence its albums cannot be made available over DLNA.

Check the Audio branch of your MC Tree pane:
1) Do albums from "D:\Music" and "G:\Hi Res Audio" show up there?
2) Do albums from "H:/DSD" show up there? 

If Yes to 1) but No to 2) then try adding "H:/DSD" to your library:  Tools > Import... > "Import a single folder"  or  "Configure Auto-Import".

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Question on DLNA servers and "unassigned" values
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 08:48:16 am »

If Yes to 1) and Yes to 2) then make sure the albums in "H:/DSD" have values assigned to basic tags, including [Album], [Album Artist], etc.
(If necessary, you can compare populated tags in the working and non-working paths using MC's Tree > Tag > "Fields With Values"  section.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up