INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver remote issues with Windows 11  (Read 762 times)

cw

• Recent member
JRiver remote issues with Windows 11
« on: January 07, 2024, 01:16:09 pm »

Here’s my situation. First, I am not new to JRiver. I have been through several versions of the Media Center software and have had a Master site license so I could use the software on both Windows and Mac OS.

I am currently working on a new server running Win11 and with the exception of the volume control issue I’m completely satisfied with the performance of MC 31 and the JRiver remote on my iPhone. Both the OS and Media Center are running the most recent versions of the software.

My issue just popped up with the latest update of MC and the JRiver remote. If I select Modi Multibit Direct the volume control works but the content passes through the Window system mixer and the quality of the audio is diminished. If I select Modi WASAPI the quality is improved but the volume control function doesn’t work. I suspect that there’s an inappropriate driver causing the problem but I don’t know how to deal with that.

I appreciate your product and your input.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver remote issues with Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2024, 01:40:11 am »

Did you try powering everything off and back on?

In MC, did you try Internal Volume?  Click on the speaker icon in the upper left corner.

WASAPI is part of the OS and is very reliable.  Why do you think there is a driver problem?

cw

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 01:48:25 pm »

I have looked at everything you mentioned and have observed no issues with the things you mentioned. I am thinking that there's a software issue because I had everything working as I expected (i.e. like when I was running Win10) and then there were two updates - one to Win11 and one to the JRiver iPhone app, after which I could no longer adjust the volume from the remote.

cw

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2024, 02:42:27 pm »

I know that I am merely one of your hundreds of customers, but I sure would appreciate some meaningful response to my situation. Surely I'm not the only new Win11 user who has issues...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 12:26:18 am »

More details might help. 
Connection, file types, mode of playback, etc.

cw

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 02:28:49 pm »

Jim - You nailed it in one! The problem WAS in the drop-down menu from the speaker icon. This time (for the first time ever) the server software defaulted to "system" rather than "internal" and when I changed that setting, the problem is solved! Sorry it took me so long to review your first set of suggestions and find this one -- which solved the problem. Many thanks! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up