INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Analyse Audio Crashes  (Read 681 times)

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
Bug: Analyse Audio Crashes
« on: February 13, 2003, 12:53:37 pm »

Hi, I'm just reporting that under the pre-release version of Media Center now available on the website, if you try to 'Analyse audio' on more than just a few files at once, it goes through 30-40 files, and then marks 'Failed' beside all the remaining files in the list, and the program freezes up. It must be forced to end through Task Manager. I analysed about 5000 mp3 files in little groups of 20-30 (over about 10 days) to avoid the problem. The files were all analysable, it's just tjhe batcj process which fails on larger quantities of files to process.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Bug: Analyse Audio Crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 01:12:59 pm »

What version of MC are you using?  We've heard this report in the past, but thought it may be fixed with newer builds.  Let us know.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 04:21:17 pm »

I just left my computer analyzing replay gain for a few hours and came back to a crashed MC (and maxed out pagefile) using version 9.0.112. The memory leak still remains.  :-/

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 06:06:57 pm »

Seems to be working OK in 112. Left it with a queue of 2200 files this AM, completed it around 6 PM w/o a hiccup.

Gave it a larger queue this PM, and it just aborted. However, MC was playing and I had a number of other applications open at the same time so can't be sure it was Analyze Gain that was to blame. I just cranked it up again w/MC stopped and am going to bed shortly, so we'll see.

HTH
Pages: [1]   Go Up