INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks are out of order [Solved]  (Read 404 times)

TheYakEmperor

• Recent member
Tracks are out of order [Solved]
« on: January 11, 2024, 11:42:27 am »

I'm new to this software.

It was going pretty smoothly for a while, but suddenly the bottom pane didn't sort albums by their date, even when I selected the option many times.

I fiddled around a bit to no avail. Then, out of the blue, suddenly the tracks on a newly imported album are all out of order. I refresh the app and suddenly it has affected all my albums. For example, in one album tracks 6 and 7 have been placed between 4 and 5, and this is the least serious case. Others are scrambled.

Interestingly, only numbers 1-9 appear to be affected, with the teen numbers mostly appearing to remain stable. They also play back in this order as well, even if shuffle is off. I have tried sorting inside groups by track # but this is only a temporary fix; it reverts right back as soon as the pane is minimised or clicked off. I have tried everything I've found online, which hasn't been much.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tracks are all out of order
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 12:03:27 pm »

I don't know why you're seeing that.

Expand Genres in the tree by clicking on it.  Then choose one.

You can sort by clicking on the line at the top where the labels are.  Each time you click, it will sort by that column.  A number will appear by the label to indicate the order of what you've selected. 

TheYakEmperor

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 02:27:23 pm »

I don't know why you're seeing that.

Expand Genres in the tree by clicking on it.  Then choose one.

You can sort by clicking on the line at the top where the labels are.  Each time you click, it will sort by that column.  A number will appear by the label to indicate the order of what you've selected.
Oh what the hell that actually worked. Thanks a bunch dude. I know it would just be some little fix I couldn't figure out.

TheYakEmperor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 03:04:00 pm »

There is still the issue that albums in the bottom pane have are in a completely random order despites their dates being correct. It progresses 1965>1976>1969>1965 in one tab. Any idea what might be causing this?

khpro59

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 03:10:50 pm »

I'm new to this software.

It was going pretty smoothly for a while, but suddenly the bottom pane didn't sort albums by their date, even when I selected the option many times.

I fiddled around a bit to no avail. Then, out of the blue, suddenly the tracks on a newly imported album are all out of order. I refresh the app and suddenly it has affected all my albums. For example, in one album tracks 6 and 7 have been placed between 4 and 5, and this is the least serious case. Others are scrambled.

Interestingly, only numbers 1-9 appear to be affected, with the teen numbers mostly appearing to remain stable. They also play back in this order as well, even if shuffle is off. I have tried sorting inside groups by track # but this is only a temporary fix; it reverts right back as soon as the pane is minimised or clicked off. I have tried everything I've found online, which hasn't been much.

This has happened to me from time to time, im assuming youve tried either of these selections if you right click on the track header as seen in attachment

TheYakEmperor

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 03:35:06 pm »

This has happened to me from time to time, im assuming youve tried either of these selections if you right click on the track header as seen in attachment
I seem to have sorted it by sorting inside groups by track # for each genre in the Genres menu. Not sure how that works, but my main problem now is figuring out how to get the albums to display in chronological order in the bottom pane.

TheYakEmperor

• Recent member
Re: Tracks are out of order
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 03:41:04 pm »

Nevermind, just had to group by "Year - Album" and it's perfect. Thanks all for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up