INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: strange error when burning in an audio cd  (Read 270 times)

itramm

strange error when burning in an audio cd
« on: January 17, 2024, 12:18:41 pm »

Hello, I am using media center 25.0.115 64 bits for windows.

When burning in some tracks in ape from a cue file, i paste the cue file to the burn action window, go to details, i see the 8 tracks and it says 7 min left and it asks if i want to continue to burn in, i say yes, and it begins the burning...

I see the details windows showing its work, but when arriving at the 4 track it says the process has finished successfully and it asks if i want to burn another copy again or leave burning, but the rest of the tracks are marked as in queue (the 1 to 4 are marked as finished), but are not actually burned in...and with no option to continue with that..so i click quit burning. No error appears and it says complete etc...i play the cd, again with no error but of course when arriving at track 5 and more no sound is coming out, but no error either.

Another weird thing is the 1st track is fine, and i can go to any time i want within it, but on tracks 2 to 4 it says Live Digital and i cannot move along the track to the time i want....like a live event...The rest of the tracks just no sound at all....I have read the wiki on burning, including the troubleshooting...i checked no encoding while ripping,  closing the cd after burning, recording at max and at 8x, normal and secure, and the other options the trouble shooting wiki page mentions...but it is as i have just explained...again with no message saying error while burning....

I have lost many cd-r for this...And i try other burning software like "Magix cleaning lab", and it goes like a dream...SO clearly it is something in jriver. IS it a bug and simply the burn module does not work, or am i doing anything wrong i am missing?. It is pity because otherwise the software is quite stable and useful...but this is really a drag...Any suggestion will be appreciated...Thank you marti NB OF course i bought the software, so i guess it is not like a bad version?.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: strange error when burning in an audio cd
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 12:30:48 pm »

Burning from a CUE file just may not work.  Sorry.

You could try MC31, the trial version.  We may also be able to fix it in MC32.
Pages: [1]   Go Up