INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: installJRMC - MC installer for Linux  (Read 7834 times)

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re: installJRMC - MC installer for Linux
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2024, 03:57:41 am »

Thanks! That didn't occur to me, I thought it had to be removed in the same way that it was installed. But it worked, of course.  ;D

Btw I had to modify my original message, it's of course updated Bookworm, not Bullseye. Brain fart... :-[
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2024, 10:06:50 am »

I updated the uninstall code recently but haven't created a new release. I remember seeing a bug in there so it is probably fixed already, glad you got it sorted.

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2024, 08:23:42 am »

I added noble support in installJRMC v1.0.2 for *buntu >= 24.04 as well as a new "--mcrepo" option to select your preferred MC repo manually for fun or troubleshooting.

I tried running the noble MC version on Fedora 40 and it worked fine:

Code: [Select]
installJRMC --install local --mcrepo noble
I'm not sure how many people are using my Fedora/CentOS repo, but I'm curious if anyone would be for/against switching the fedora rpms in my repo to the noble repo. I'm tempted since it seems to work OK on Fedora 40 and would be the latest and greatest, but I have not tested on F39 or lower or any of the CentOS derivatives.

Since there's now a fairly wide compatibility gap, I'm also thinking of a way to automatically select the appropriate MC base version for older distros and/or legacy MC releases and providing warnings/workarounds if there are issues.

Is there a list of which MC versions correspond to each Debian base version? IIRC sometimes it has switched mid-version so a tree of the repo would help!

I'm on Noble Numbat and couldn't figure out why the script was dudding out on me after following the TL;DR instructions in the opening post .. until I read down the thread.

Worked great. Thanks.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2024, 11:57:53 am »

I added trixie (debian testing) to the repo for amd64. It has the libwebkit2 dependencies.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2024, 09:31:33 pm »

I added trixie (debian testing) to the repo for amd64. It has the libwebkit2 dependencies.

Great, I added automatic repo detection for DEB distros to match the native codename (and fallback to the legacy repos for <= MC31).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up