INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imported playlist from iTunes added duplicate files. How to fix?  (Read 327 times)

eapfoto

• Recent member

I am transitioning from iTunes to MC. I created an iTunes playlist with all my 5-star rated tracks, hoping that would be a way to quickly tag those same tracks in MC as 5-star. When I imported the m3u playlist file into MC, I thought it would just build a playlist with those tracks, but instead it appears that all 8000 tracks were imported a second time and are now duplicates spread throughout many albums. And I don't actually see a playlist with the name of the imported file. Is there a simple way to clean this up? Maybe deleting tracks in the "recent imports" tab? And what is the smart way to utilize an iTunes playlist to tag those same files with a 5-star rating in MC? Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Imported playlist from iTunes added duplicate files. How to fix?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 11:03:54 pm »

You can search by location.  A directory, for example, or a drive.  Then delete, reading carefully. 

You could also sort by date imported.  Click on the field in the titles above any view to sort.

If you imported an m3u file, you should see it as a playlist under Playlists.

eapfoto

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 12:00:06 pm »

Thanks Jim,

I do see that playlist under the Recently Imported Playlist tab, but I'm confused why MC re-imported the songs a second time instead of just making a playlist with those tracks. Is there a correct process for importing a playlist to create a song grouping without also importing the tracks? 

eapfoto

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 04:48:08 pm »

FYI this post was the logic I was following: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,92815.msg639313.html#msg639313

Also, I just tried deleting all tracks from the library and then using the "Import from iTunes database" option to re-import everything and hope that playlists would come along too, but I get an error message saying the iTunes the XML file is invalid. I then used iTunes to export a fresh XML file to a different location in case the original was corrupted, but MC didn't like that file second XML either.

All I'm really looking for is a way to bring my track ratings from iTunes to MC. Thanks for any advice.

AldoAlvarez

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2024, 09:49:38 pm »

Thanks Jim,

I do see that playlist under the Recently Imported Playlist tab, but I'm confused why MC re-imported the songs a second time instead of just making a playlist with those tracks. Is there a correct process for importing a playlist to create a song grouping without also importing the tracks?

I am having the same exact problem: uploading a playlist to MC32 added duplicate listings in the file list library. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up