INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Handling MQV Video files - Sony Clie  (Read 321 times)

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
MC Handling MQV Video files - Sony Clie
« on: January 21, 2024, 02:07:25 am »

Hi there I have some small family clips from my Sony Clie / PalmOS days that I am trying to consolidate into my MC library so I can bin the old computer...

These files play without issue in the old Windows Media Player and Win10 'Films & TV' player, when I rename the file extension to mp4. Probably VLC also. However MC baulks at them, something to do with audio format not compatible with my hardware...

Fileinfo.com says that MQV is indeed similar to mp4 but encoded differently? Has anyone had experience with getting these to work or transcoding them? I hesitate to transcode them as they are already low quality reflecting how far we have come sine 2003, 2004 on digital technology ! However they are precious memories my sons as toldlers. I would rather work out what the other players are doing that MC doesn't seem to be able to do?

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC Handling MQV Video files - Sony Clie
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 07:37:15 pm »

Really - no one knows anything about this file format? Why can WinMP & VLC deal with them without any issue?
Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 02:35:09 am »

If it says audio is not compatible with hardware, chances are that you just need to enable resampling. Since you haven't shared the actual error, I can only guess, but with a 20 year old format, try going to Audio -> DSP & output format, and in DSP Studio on the Output tab, set Sample Rate for "Less then 441000" to something like 44100 Hz.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 05:57:10 am »

Beginning to think it's a Windows audio driver issue - as I also have a Linux system running and it has no issues playing these files?!
Have to look deeper!
Dave
------
Pages: [1]   Go Up