INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Grouping / Duplicates and Scope Question  (Read 244 times)

ndgame

• Recent member
File Grouping / Duplicates and Scope Question
« on: January 23, 2024, 11:47:30 am »

I have spent some time over the past 48 hours trying to clean up the movies in Media Center. 

I have searched the forums for an answer but not finding any clear direction on it.

I have 3 questions that if I can get some instructions on would be a huge help.

1.)  In my collection I have a lot of movies that I have 2 or 3 files of the same movie.  Some may be 4K, 1080P, and 720P depending on the device that is playing them and for all my friends and family that use my Plex server and their internet can't handle 4K.   In plex it creates just 1 Poster for the movie and when you go to play it you can select the quality / file you want to play.   My question is how do I do this in JRiver?

2.)  Is there a simple way for JRiver to create movie collections Automatically like Plex or Emby does?  I use TinyMediaManager to manage all my metadata and to group my collections automatically on my NAS and folder structure.   I would love to find a user friendly way in JRiver to do this so that I don't have to spend so much time doing this manually.

3.)  In my theater I use a scope 2.35:1 screen and I can use MadVR to move the OSD and Subtitles to the viewable area of the screen when I use Lens Memory on my JVC Projector.  However it does not move the Media Center Player progress bars and when watching a moving this is over scanning to the ceiling and under the screen.   So is there any scope friendly options or scope skins for Theater View that will fix this?

Thanks
AH

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: File Grouping / Duplicates and Scope Question
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 01:27:43 pm »

1) Stacks might work for you: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Stacks.   Choosing which file to play in Theater View would probably have to be added.

2) Nothing automatic but you only have to do it once.  I use the [Series] tag for this but you can create a new one.  By the way, I had to make my collections manually in Emby.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: File Grouping / Duplicates and Scope Question
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 03:26:33 pm »

1. I fill name field with only movie name. That way MC will group all the same named movies. Then I have different field Version to be used to tell the version of the film e.g. Director's Cut, Extended Cut etc. Also have calculated field definition which shows 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p or 4K depending on video dimensions

2. for metadata scraping I use MCUtils which can also fill Movie Series field and will then group primarily by movie series and seconday by movie name
Pages: [1]   Go Up