INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Network dac  (Read 592 times)

murrayp

• Recent member
Network dac
« on: January 24, 2024, 06:19:07 pm »

Hi there,
I've used JRiver off and on for many years.  I've recently returned to it and am using a Tambaqui dac via USB.  The dac has ethernet connectivity and I can use it over ethernet with Roon.  Is there some way I can set JRiver (31) up so that the dac will appear on my audio destination options please?  (I've searched for this but the both the info and features of JRiver make finding info for the uninformed pretty impenetrable!).
tks
Murray

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Network dac
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 01:55:29 pm »

Hi there,
I've used JRiver off and on for many years.  I've recently returned to it and am using a Tambaqui dac via USB.  The dac has ethernet connectivity and I can use it over ethernet with Roon.  Is there some way I can set JRiver (31) up so that the dac will appear on my audio destination options please?  (I've searched for this but the both the info and features of JRiver make finding info for the uninformed pretty impenetrable!).
tks
Murray

Don't believe it supports anything but Roon. I'd ask the maker of it if it supports DLNA or something, otherwise you're out of luck.

"Network DAC" is an exceedingly misleading term to market the product but whatever

murrayp

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 10:37:29 pm »

Many thanks for your help.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 06:33:15 pm »

If Tambaqui dac does not support DLNA:

Some people report using WiiM products, like the WiiM mini or WiiM Pro, with MC over a network.  MC targets it as a DLNA renderer, then you connect one of the WiiM's digital outputs to the Tambaqui dac.

Here's one example from user @dtc:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136948.msg949527.html#msg949527

Darko (https://darko.audio/ (search on "WiiM")) has several reviews of WiiM streamers.  You can probably find other network streamers with DLNA capability that will also work, likely at higher price points, but still much lower cost than the Tambaqui.

Streamers with Chromecast built-in can also be made to work if you run BubbbleUPnP on your MC server to make the Chromecast look like DLNA to MC.  Chromecast may have issues with gapless playback, so if that matters then you are probably better off with direct DLNA.

You might also ask Mola Mola what they suggest.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 06:57:44 pm »

Yes can confirm that MC picks up the WiiM Pro as a DLNA renderer no problem.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2024, 08:15:12 am »

I have moved from the Wiim Mini to a Wiim Pro. I found the optical cables did not fit in the Mini very well, so moved to the Pro which has a more secure coax output and easily does 192K audio. However, it does not support DSD if that is important.  Also, the Wiim devices do not support usb output.

I find the Wiim Pro to be a very reliable DLNA renderer and a good streaming device. Quite a bargain for what it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up