INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freak solution to open explorer windows for multiple selected albums available?  (Read 314 times)

gulp

• World Citizen

Does anyone have an idea how I could open explorer windows for several selected albums with right click and menu point selection or otherwise? Or even better open the folder above it and select the album folder?

My use case is:

I rated music quality for most albums and now want to delete all albums on the file system below a certain ranking. I have to start from JRiver library as I only have the ranking information there.

Thanks!

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I have a Link (shortcut in the Top-right links bar) to open the folder of the currently selected item. Just do "Manage Links" and add an item like this:

Type: Program
DisplayName: Folder
Program Path: Explorer.exe
Parameters: "[Filename (path)]"      (with quotes)

Now you should have a "Folder" button on the links bar.
To select the folder in Explorer instead of opening it, use this as Parameters:
//select,"removeright([filename (path)],1)"

gulp

• World Citizen

Thanks much again!
But it just opens or marks the first folder of multiple selected albums...what I'd need is that it does it for all of the selected albums, ist it possible?

zybex

• MC Beta Team

No, not possible for more than one, except with an external script.

zybex

• MC Beta Team

If this is for a one-time thing, you can easily get the list of folders to be deleted in MC, massage it a bit in Excel or Notepad++ to get a list of "rd /q /s <path>" commands, then execute them as a .bat file.

gulp

• World Citizen

That’s a great idea! I guess I’d have to build a view with path + filename as column and then export it…or is there a direct option to export the path+file fields for marked albums?

marko

• MC Beta Team

I have a Link (shortcut in the Top-right links bar) to open the folder of the currently selected item. Just do "Manage Links" and add an item like this:

Type: Program
DisplayName: Folder
Program Path: Explorer.exe
Parameters: "[Filename (path)]"      (with quotes)

Now you should have a "Folder" button on the links bar.
To select the folder in Explorer instead of opening it, use this as Parameters:
//select,"removeright([filename (path)],1)"

In a "MC installation folder\Data\Custom Resources" folder, I have a custom "Resources.xml" file that contains:
Code: [Select]
<!-- Go to folder containing selected file -->
<Entry Key="Ctrl;Alt;D" Command="26004" Param="-2" />

Ctrl+Alt+D opens the folder containing the selected file, with the file selected in MC selected in the explorer window.

Also... Links are great for sharing. You hit the "Copy link information to clipboard" button, then paste it here in code tags. The user then copies that, and hits the "Paste link information from clipboard" button to add the link.
Code: [Select]
<Link version="1.2">
<Item Name="Name">Folder</Item>
<Item Name="Action">0</Item>
<Item Name="Base URL"/>
<Item Name="Search URL"/>
<Item Name="Type">1</Item>
<Item Name="Program Path">Explorer.exe</Item>
<Item Name="Program Parameters">"[Filename (path)]"</Item>
<Item Name="Filter"/>
</Link>

zybex

• MC Beta Team

That’s a great idea! I guess I’d have to build a view with path + filename as column and then export it…or is there a direct option to export the path+file fields for marked albums?
You need a Details view with the [Filename (Path)] column.

Also... Links are great for sharing. You hit the "Copy link information to clipboard" button, then paste it here in code tags. The user then copies that, and hits the "Paste link information from clipboard" button to add the link.
Nice, I hadn't noticed this HUGE button before :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up