INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Features Available?  (Read 558 times)

soongsc

• World Citizen
Features Available?
« on: January 25, 2024, 06:58:30 pm »

Hi,

I am currently up to MC28/29.
Specifically, the features I am looking for:
1. Organizing nested group playlist where for example, four songs always organized together in a playlist, and categorized as “romantic”, “tragic”, “march”, etc.
2. Viewing information in the original characters like Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese, etc.  currently when I rip CDs in dbpoweramp the list shows original characters, but when I import to JRiver library, it becomes random characters.
3. Polarity inversion that can be selectively applied to individual songs.  Currently it applies to a Zone only.
4. Collectively select an a playlist and organize them into another album, and organize them in a new library on a different computer.

If JRiver can do any of these already, please explain or point me to the explanation how it is done.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Features Available?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2024, 01:39:26 am »

Linked Tracks:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90543.0

A playlist can also be built from several playlists.

soongsc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 01:57:13 am »

So the other features are not available?  I noticed a Chinese thread also asking about the Language issue.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 02:43:54 am »

Chinese characters should work.

soongsc

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2024, 05:15:58 am »

Okay, I think I just noticed display of Chinese characters on the machine with MC29, my other one running MC21 is problematic, so I need to upgrade all my machines to MC29 first.

Is there any way to convert the polarity of individual files? If I can do this, then I won’t need the different polarities/Zones to do the job.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2024, 05:50:22 am »

Is there any way to convert the polarity of individual files? If I can do this, then I won’t need the different polarities/Zones to do the job.

soongsc - can you please explain what you mean by "the polarity of individual files" as that is a term most MC Users would not use in conjunction with Media Files.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

soongsc

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2024, 07:06:40 am »

soongsc - can you please explain what you mean by "the polarity of individual files" as that is a term most MC Users would not use in conjunction with Media Files.
It is basically like flipping the positive and negative connection at the speaker.  This can also be done in MC by setting this up in the DSP features for a zone.  Normally I have to set up two zones, one is 0 polarity, and the other is 180 polarity.  So every time when I listen to music, based on which company released the album, I will choose one for best playback experience, and usually the polarity is consistent within the same label like EMI might have 180, and RCA releases might have 0.  In order to avoid changing when I change albums played, it would be much more convenient to convert the 180 deg ones to 0, so when I create a playlist from multiple albums, there will not be a problem during playback.

A more obvious difference audibly is listening to a drum or percussion instruments, if the polarity is right, the drum will have a realistic punch, if the polarity is wrong, the drum will sound more muffled.  This of course depends on the audio system design, but in most cases, it is clearly audible.

Hope this is understandable.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 08:00:14 am »

I'm guessing that it would be almost impossible for any Media Player to determine the "polarity" a track was set to use, or the polarity of the speakers attached to the player, so the only way of handling the problem would be to continue to manually assign them to different zones.

This link - https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes will give you access to page/pages where every change, improvement and new feature that have been implemented in MC28, 29, 30, 31 and 32.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

soongsc

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2024, 08:15:28 am »

I was hoping to edit and convert the files.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2024, 03:31:00 pm »

Okay, I think I just noticed display of Chinese characters on the machine with MC29, my other one running MC21 is problematic, so I need to upgrade all my machines to MC29 first
The database had some fields previously stored in the Mac filesystem format of decomposed UTF-8 (the filesystem is the only place it's used on Macs). The Name field was synthesized from that for example.
Starting in MC 30.0.28 we determined the best approach was to convert everything in the database to precomposed UTF-8 (what everyone else uses). This makes the library compatible with linux as well. There is a one time function that runs on unconverted databases when they are first loaded to do that conversion. Every build of MC from then will check to see if the database has been converted and if not do this one time conversion.

This was added in MC30 and tweaked a few times. It's also available selectively as an added function under Library Tools->Clean File Properties.

I don't know for sure if that has anything to do with what you are seeing. It's also possible that other ripping tools, programs put decomposed utf-8 into your tags.

soongsc

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2024, 11:04:42 pm »

I am using dbpoweramp, possibly they are putting into in the tags.  Would that be the problem?  All ripped track files were stored to a Synology based NAS.  Then I create libraries on different computers.  I am not sure if I had the same issue when I was running Windows 7.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2024, 09:07:24 am »

I am using dbpoweramp, possibly they are putting into in the tags.  Would that be the problem?  All ripped track files were stored to a Synology based NAS.  Then I create libraries on different computers.  I am not sure if I had the same issue when I was running Windows 7.
Would you email me a small one that looks off?
bob (at) jriver (dot) com
Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up