INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization: Setting does not save  (Read 263 times)

slerch666

• World Citizen

Subject describes the issue.
MC 32.08.

I open Playback options -> Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization -> 1 second

I press OK. Start playback, 1 second pause, hardware happy.

I stop the track. If the track used custom EQ, it resets silence synch to NONE.

If I only play tracks I haven't added custom EQ to, the silence setting stays as expected between plays.

I can deal with it. The "issue" it causes is that MC starts the track, it goes for about .75 of a second where it is "playing" and I hear nothing, then I hear it.

For the record, the hardware I am using does the lack of audio on start on every other application. MC gives me a level of control to fix the stupid lack of audio on the HW side so I use it and would like the setting to be saved.

It did this in the final build of MC 31 from my testing as well. I do not know when it began happening as I didn't realize it had been changed until I really sat and watched what happened and why my audio wasn't playing the way it used to.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Startup silence is saved along with your preset.  So whatever you had it set at when you saved, that will be loaded when you play and use a preset.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

I found a problem though.  Thanks!

Next build:
Fixed: When loading a DSP preset, it was not restoring numeric fields properly so they became strings and sometimes didn't work.

This could make the value not save and restore like expected.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

slerch666

• World Citizen

I found a problem though.  Thanks!

Next build:
Fixed: When loading a DSP preset, it was not restoring numeric fields properly so they became strings and sometimes didn't work.

This could make the value not save and restore like expected.
I was pretty sure I wasn't going crazy. :D

Thanks for the quick response and quick fix!

There's a reason I keep using MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up