INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple screens query  (Read 382 times)

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
Multiple screens query
« on: January 30, 2024, 12:57:29 pm »

Is it possible to have MC display seperate content on two screens? For example, could the library of music or TV always be displayed on screen 1 and a visualizer be detached and always be displayed on screen 2?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Multiple screens query
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 02:38:22 pm »

maybe you could be a bit more specific about what you mean with always, but right now i have my music library or what ever a small column whats playing now on one screen and the cover art of what plays on an other screen, a visualizer would work too.

8)
gab

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 03:23:31 pm »

The case I use for my main MC machine contains a 7" screen built into the front. Ideally I'd like to use this to permanently display a spectrum analyzer or VU meter whilst the main display is dedicated to displaying MC Theater View.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2024, 07:25:43 pm »

Right-click in the Playing Now window and choose Detach Display.  You can then drag the detached window onto your case monitor.  That's assuming your built-in case monitor functions like any other monitor where you can drag-and-drop windows between monitors. 

If you double-click on the detached display, it will maximize to fill the screen.  I can say firsthand this works (on my 2 TVs) for cover art, artist images, built-in visualizations, etc.  As for VST's, I have limited knowledge.  But I believe VST's are shown within the DSP dialog, right?  If so, activate the VST in the DSP dialog and drag that dialog to your case monitor.  You can maximize the dialog to fill your case monitor's screen too.

Hope that works for you.

I guess I should note, you will have to repeat Detach Display process with each new MC session.  But as long as you don't close MC, you can show whatever you want on your TV, and detached display will remain unaffected on your computer's case monitor.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 01:55:54 am »

Hi HPBEME,

The case display is just a standard monitor and you can drag and drop between the two screens.

I have been using detach display to display the built-in visualizations and that works fine, but as soon as I start a TV channel, that displays in the detached display on the 7" screen instead of on the big screen and I have to reattach the display to get it back on the big screen - this is the part I have been trying to find a way around.

It may be that this is not possible and I should look to use a new/different standalone visualizer - I was using one previously that I installed on the machine when using MC28 on Windows 10 and it worked fine across MC upgrades to MC31.

I have recently rebuilt my machine and am now running MC32 on Windows 11 and it does not work, so was looking at the built-in visualizations.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 02:01:20 am »

You might be able to use zones, sending TV to the display you want in one of them.  And ZoneSwitch.

konkeydong75

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 03:56:39 am »

Have found this nice little WASAPI visualizer that seem to work fairly well

https://github.com/osamusg/SpeAnaLED
Pages: [1]   Go Up