INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: crashed music drive  (Read 224 times)

edjohnny

• Recent member
crashed music drive
« on: February 02, 2024, 11:24:54 am »

My hard drive containing all of my music crashed.  I WAS in the process of copying it but only just started again.  i had over 540,000 song files!

How can i get to the file that contains audio list(s) so that i can at least print the "master" list to begin to find and download what i had...

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: crashed music drive
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 11:39:58 am »

What are the symptoms of the bad drive?

If it is struggling but not dead there's pretty good odds you can repair the drive enough to recover most of your files with SpinRite.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: crashed music drive
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2024, 12:28:57 pm »

How can i get to the file that contains audio list(s) so that i can at least print the "master" list to begin to find and download what i had...
One way is to go into your favorite all-encompassing audio album view, then hover over the tab to bring up the Tab Menu > List Style > Details (instead of Thumbnails).  The library contents should be visible in a long text list, even though you obviously can't play it.

The list can be re-ordered by clicking on headers, and columns can be added or removed by RMB on a header.  When happy with it:  LMB to select a line, select all with <CTRL><A>, copy all with <CTRL><C> (or use MC's Edit menu), and then Paste into an Excel or other spreadsheet to save off, format, and print.

Similar can be done with a Panes view, filtering for 'All' in every category.
Pages: [1]   Go Up