INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server / Systray Icon  (Read 214 times)

Ashfall

• World Citizen
Media Server / Systray Icon
« on: February 06, 2024, 05:40:53 pm »

Is there a way to stop/start/restart Media Server from within the Media Center application?
Sometimes the systray icon disappears and the only way I can find to get it back is to use Task Manager to kill Media Center 32.exe and then start the application again.  It's configured to autorun Media Server on Windows startup.  It would be nice for the two "close" options available when right-clicking the systray icon to also available somewhere in the top menu of Media Center.

If I'm missing something please point me in the right direction, otherwise consider this a feature request.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Server / Systray Icon
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 05:47:17 pm »

I've also noted the MC icon disappearing from the tray, usually along with others, after the OS has been up and running for a longer period of time.  (It's Windows 10, not Unix, so "longer" just means 3-4 days.)  I always figured it was a Windows hiccup.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 05:47:39 pm »

Good points.

It would be nice for the two "close" options available when right-clicking the systray icon to also available somewhere in the top menu of Media Center.
Add the Custom Toolbar "Relaunch Media Center" to your MC window.  It will kill both the MC 32 process and the MC Service process, then launch new processes for both.

There is a new feature being evaluated in the current beta version (32.0.13) that will also do this.

Ashfall

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 05:49:55 pm »

Good points.

Add the custom toolbar "Relaunch Media Center" to your MC window.  It will kill both the MC 32 process and the MC Server process, then launch new processes for both.

There is a new feature being evaluated in the current beta version that will also do this from the MC Window Close button.

Thanks! Adding Relaunch to the tool bar is exactly what I needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up