INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Category View exploring ...  (Read 253 times)

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
Help with Category View exploring ...
« on: February 06, 2024, 06:22:52 pm »

I'm hoping this forum may help me figure out how to reconcile a difference in behavior I'm observing between MC installations.  I maintain both a desktop and, on an external drive, a portable version of (basically) the same library.  I've tried to keep the two well synchronized, just manually.  For both, I have a typical "Genre" Category View.

The behavior when hovering over a given genre differs between the two, however:
  • On the desktop, I just get "Play" and "View"
  • On the portable version, I instead am offered "Play", "Artists", "Albums", and "File".

Representative screenshots are below (hopefully the filenames appear).  I can't for the life of me discern what's different between the two.  Any thoughts?

I prefer the behavior exhibited by the portable version.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
Re: Help with Category View exploring ...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2024, 07:55:15 pm »

Your view definitions have different categories.  Customize the view and look at the categories being shown.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2024, 10:36:26 pm »

Your view definitions have different categories.  Customize the view and look at the categories being shown.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  The "Genre (iTunes)" for both setups -- desktop and portable -- are "Categories" view, showing (in order) Genre, Album Artist (Auto), then Album.  See the attached dialog window capture.

I explored the other options within that particular "Customize View" dialog, and those also appear to be the same.

Just to clarify, if I click on "View" within the desktop's Genre view, I then indeed get offered a pop-up menu with the options Artists, Albums, and File.  For some reason, those same selections are just available directly (without the pop-up menu) in the portable library's Genre view.

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2024, 10:39:50 pm »

... and, after experimenting further ...

It is entirely an artifact of thumbnail size.  Make the thumbnails larger, and one gets the options directly rather than in a pop-up menu.

Silly me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up