INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert existing pre-composed imported file names  (Read 290 times)

MrBiff

• World Citizen
Convert existing pre-composed imported file names
« on: February 07, 2024, 01:14:34 pm »

I have files in a library which were created likely in MC28.   The file names in MC are de-composed.  When I run auto-import on the containing folder, the files re-import but with pre-composed, so all files are duplicated in MC.

Screenshot shows a file names hexdump.  Top is old de-composed file, bottom is just-imported pre-composed.

I restored the library from a backup.  How can I get MC to correct it's filename internally?  The Clean File Properties tool does not support selecting the Filename.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Convert existing pre-composed imported file names
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 09:35:33 am »

I have files in a library which were created likely in MC28.   The file names in MC are de-composed.  When I run auto-import on the containing folder, the files re-import but with pre-composed, so all files are duplicated in MC.

Screenshot shows a file names hexdump.  Top is old de-composed file, bottom is just-imported pre-composed.

I restored the library from a backup.  How can I get MC to correct it's filename internally?  The Clean File Properties tool does not support selecting the Filename.
When you ran any version of MC30 or newer the old database fields containing de-composed utf-8 should have been converted to pre-composed utf-8.

MrBiff

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 11:11:04 am »

When you ran any version of MC30 or newer the old database fields containing de-composed utf-8 should have been converted to pre-composed utf-8.

It seems somehow the conversion never occurred.  Perhaps the Filename field can be added to the list in Clean File Properties.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 04:00:00 pm »

It seems somehow the conversion never occurred.  Perhaps the Filename field can be added to the list in Clean File Properties.
I'm moving that out of Clean File Properties into a separate tool.
It will allow changing the filename and image filename.
I'm thinking of allowing other fields as well in case someone had some other fields incorrectly tagged by another program.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 04:04:48 pm »

Please give build 32.0.15 a try.
The function is separate now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up