INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standard View not restoring properly after exiting fullscreen Theater View  (Read 312 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen

In the latest versions of MC 32 (including and up to MC 32.0.16), I've noticed that often (especially after playing more than one file in fullscreen in Theater View ) when exiting Theater View to Standard View after playing in fullscreen, the search window at the top right, and the close, maximize, and minimize button icons all have disappeared.  I have had to manually shut down both MC and Media Server and relaunch to restore Standard View to normal appearance and functionality.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
Re: Standard View not restoring properly after exiting fullscreen Theater View
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 04:30:26 pm »

I’d hoped this would go away with MC 32.0.18, but I’m still getting this behaviour. If I’m in Theater View, periodically, when I exit to Standard View, everything looks normal in Standard  View, except the top right of Standard View - the search window and repeat/shuffle/tools icon buttons below left of search are gone, along with the Windows Close/maximize/minimize button icons.

I have to close both media server and mc and restart to restore these areas in Standard View. 

Never seen this happen before MC 32.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 05:27:35 pm »

That could be a video driver issue.  But have you tried other skins?

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 07:40:51 pm »

That could be a video driver issue.  But have you tried other skins?

Many thanks for the response. 

I've tried a couple of the other skins, (and also tried switching skins after the problem occurs to see if the search window and icon buttons reappear), but doesn't seem to prevent or resolve the problem.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2024, 11:06:58 am »

Many thanks for the response. 

I've tried a couple of the other skins, (and also tried switching skins after the problem occurs to see if the search window and icon buttons reappear), but doesn't seem to prevent or resolve the problem.
Also updated NVIDIA drivers to latest version - same behavior. 

FWIW, the issue seems to me to have to do something with rescaling between full screen in going from Standard View to Theater View and back to Standard View.  Everything looks and works fine in Theater View as long as I stay there, but something appears to be preventing reverting from Theater View to expected Standard View.  Whatever that is that is preventing normal restoration is most apparent at the right hand top of Standard View.

It requires stopping both  MC and Media Server and restarting to restore Standard View to its normal appearance.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2024, 12:53:14 pm »

I sat here for a bit repeatedly pressing Ctrl+4 followed by Ctrl+1 to flick between Standard and Theater views. I did not interact with either view during this switching back and forth.

I could not produce the effect you describe. Is there anything else that needs to be done to reproduce?

It requires stopping both  MC and Media Server and restarting to restore Standard View to its normal appearance.
Middle click on the close button now takes care of that with one click.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2024, 04:09:11 pm »

I sat here for a bit repeatedly pressing Ctrl+4 followed by Ctrl+1 to flick between Standard and Theater views. I did not interact with either view during this switching back and forth.

I could not produce the effect you describe. Is there anything else that needs to be done to reproduce?

Thanks for looking into it, Marko.  The issue doesn't happen every time, but sooner or later (usually sooner) I've found that it does happen.  I've found it also will happen if I'm watching streaming services in Theater View for a while and switch back to Standard View.  FWIW, seems to be somehow related to rescaling to full screen then reverting to Standard View - it doesn't scale back to Standard View properly.  If I do a settings restore, MC also will reopen with all the Standard View screen real estate as expected,

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 07:12:25 pm »

Once it occurs, my experience is that Ctrl +1 / Ctrl +4 toggling doesn’t fix it.  However, by tinkering with the Ctrl combinations (thanks for the inspiration!) I just discovered after it happened again that hitting Ctrl+2 then Ctrl+ 1 seems to restore Standard View to normal appearance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up