INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Something went wrong with playback"  (Read 256 times)

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
"Something went wrong with playback"
« on: February 11, 2024, 06:01:03 pm »

I've installed MediaCentre for the first time on a Mac (Macbook Pro 2018 16GB RAM 2 TB SSD) and I'm getting that message whenever I try to play a BD Folder. I tried from my server (they are played fine by Mediacentre Windows), I copied one to a local disc, same results. Is this a limitation on the Mac? I tried 4K bluray and blurays, same results.

I tried to select the audio output to the speakers, I tried the legacy OpenGL video output instead of JRVR, same results.

I tried the latest build 15 as well as the latest stable, same result.

Anyone has any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Something went wrong with playback"
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 09:11:10 pm »

The Mac can't play DVD/BD ISOs or folder structures as they are all dependent on Windows System Components. So on the Mac you have to use an app like MakeMKV to rip discs into MKV files, so no menus, etc.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 08:54:57 am »

Ok thanks. So the Mac version won't be useful as I'm not re-ripping or converting my 4,000 disc titles... I'll remember to just get the PC license next year.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:52:07 am »

it's a longstanding request (for linux at least but often these things apply to both mac and linux).

General Video Improvements Planned
- Cross-Platform improvements
  - Local file access on cross-platform library server setups (not strictly video, but the most important here)
  - Investigating Blu-ray "Title" playback mode for Linux/Mac

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 09:55:30 am »

Thanks. It looks like VLC does it too, so if even free software can do it, it would be nice if Media Center could support at least title playback (no menu) on Mac. Hopefully before I have to renew my license...

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 10:09:02 am »

It was never claimed that it was impossible, but its just not a feature we offer at this time, and there are no short-term plans to extend it to Mac/Linux either.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2024, 10:16:59 am »

Thanks for confirming Hendrik. I'll just won't bother with a universal license next time I renew and will just get a Windows license. Shame that I didn't find out earlier, I've bought universal licenses for JRiver for the last ten years or so... I should have tested earlier, my bad. It just didn't occur to me that something as basic wouldn't be supported on the Mac.
Pages: [1]   Go Up