INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No subtitles when streaming transcoded video  (Read 168 times)

ajp_anton

• Junior Woodchuck
No subtitles when streaming transcoded video
« on: February 12, 2024, 05:39:46 pm »

I'm trying to get transcoding to work for one network client with too slow connection to stream original video.

The main issue I'm having is that subtitles don't work at all. As soon as I choose video conversion to be anything other than original, all subtitles disappear. They are embedded in the video files, so I'm not sure if they're supposed to be hardcoded into the video or sent as text, but currently neither is happening. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Another issue is that there's no indication on how much bandwidth each video conversion option will use. There's only resolution, but that's useless if I don't know the bitrate. Also, will it upscale if the original is lower resolution? Will it send the original video if the bitrate is already much lower than some threshold? There seems to be no way to customize the transcoding settings.

ajp_anton

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Issues with network video transcoding
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 02:31:51 pm »

No ideas at all? No way to include subtitles (embedded or external) when transcoding video over the network? Both types work fine when not transcoding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up