INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video playback not working, possible Registry issue (solved)  (Read 155 times)

JRFan

• Recent member
Video playback not working, possible Registry issue (solved)
« on: February 14, 2024, 02:18:45 pm »

When I try to play a video I get a message: Something went wrong with playback. Playback can not be started on the selected output.
For background, I have posted about this here https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137901.0.html.
What is new is that I have found an incomplete solution.

I took a library backup and then uninstalled MC31. Then reinstalled MC31 and videos run fine. Something was corrected during the install. This would fine except all my DSP settings are gone, all my DLNA servers and associations are gone and the Media server settings are changed.

I took another library backup and then restored the first backup, videos no longer play. Restored the second backup and videos play. I repeated this a few times with the same results each time.

Is there any way to fix the video setting without reinstalling and losing all the stuff mentioned above?

JRFan

• Recent member
Re: Video playback not working, possible Registry issue (solved)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 06:29:30 am »

With the Library Backup from the version that does not show videos but has all my configuration I edited the file "User setting.ini" inside the backup. I deleted all entries from Zone 0 that appeared to related to video. Then restored the backup. Videos are working again. Yeah!
Pages: [1]   Go Up