INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jriver on 192.168.0.1 using a device on a different location connecting via vpn  (Read 385 times)

kritike24

• Junior Woodchuck

jriver on 192.168.0.1 using a device on a different location connecting via vpn to the network jriver is on. i can connect to the server no problem using provided access key, but can not see the computer at the remote location on my jremote. any help? i believe this has to do with ssdp from remote pc not gettting to jriver

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Not sure if JRemote needs SSDP, I think it just connects to port 52199 on the destination.
Maybe a routing or firewall issue? Can you ping 192.168.0.1 from the other location?

kritike24

• Junior Woodchuck

i can ping 192.168.0.1 from remote pc on vpn yes

kritike24

• Junior Woodchuck

just did a trace route so it go 10.118.190.1 for first hop and second hop to 192.168.0.1 which is good. i can try firewall rule now, but not sure how to setup routing. i have ubiquiti network gear

kritike24

• Junior Woodchuck

i setup ubiquiti vpn - openvpn setting and i can connect from my lan to the remote pc using the ip the vpn gives the device 192.168.1.2

where as on the other vpn in order for me to be able to connect to the remote pc with the vpn ip i would ahve to be on the same vpn. getting closer with the ubiquiti way but still does not show in players.. not a routing issue now and on ubiquit firewall is not blocking....any idea what to try?
Pages: [1]   Go Up