INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No thumbnails where UNC path to library  (Read 1451 times)

salsbst1

• World Citizen
No thumbnails where UNC path to library
« on: February 09, 2003, 03:48:46 pm »

Greetings,

Ever since I moved my library to a UNC path, I have no thumbnails for cover art.  The paths to the cover art are listed correctly in the file properties and the cover art is displayed properly in the Playing Now view, but I have nothing but blanks in the Media Library thumbnail views.  I'm on v105 but the problem existed with a couple of versions prior to that as well.

Regards,
Stuart

dragyn

Re: No thumbnails where UNC path to library
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 03:56:58 pm »

You need to create a sub directory called "Thumbnails" where you're library is located. Then it will work.

This has been reported from my list of bugs for a long time now. I do the same thing with my library also.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 10:42:20 am »

Interesting... I did create a Thumbnails folder and it didn't seem to help.  I did notice that when MC was set to [Delete the thumbnails when exiting MC] that that folder was indeed deleted.  But images are not being generated in that folder for me.

Hmm.

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 11:05:28 am »

You're  sure you have write access to the directory? I haven't tested it with the lastest build but it should work. My entire library is all UNC based for the home network.

I also don't have "delete on exit" checked. Could be a problem if it's deleting the directory.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2003, 11:09:48 am »

Yes, I definitely have full control over the shared dir. and all subdirs.  At first I didn't have "delete on exit" selected... I selected that to see if it would help (and it didn't help).

dragyn

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2003, 11:29:01 am »

ok, I tried it myself to see what was going on and it doesn't work. It used to work in previous builds but they must have broke something.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 07:16:18 am »

Way to throw yourself on the sword, Dragyn!  There are enough threads in here about cover art issues that I would hope/expect that this area of the code would get a good once-over sooner, rather than later.

Thanks for confirming my (MC's) problem,
Stuart
Pages: [1]   Go Up