INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: script for smart playlist  (Read 197 times)

saravadio

script for smart playlist
« on: February 21, 2024, 03:08:11 am »

Hi There .

First of all , I would like to apologize if this topic has been already covered in the forum before , my previous research gave no answer .
Secondly , sorry if I 'm not very clear , English is not my  native language .

I use JRiver 31 on Mac .

I need some help for creating a smart playlists that meet those criteria .
My library is classified in different playlists according 3 criterias : decade (from 40 to 20) , Mood ( from 1 to 5 stars , from energy to depressive) , and Genre .
giving some playlists like 801 Post Punk (energy post punk from the eighties)  , 905 ambient (depressive ambient from the 90's )  , 703 Krautrock ...
I would like to create a 1 hour playlist that would consider a certain sequence of tracks corresponding to that kind of script .

Pick 2 tracks from 801 Post Punk
Pick 1 track from 901 post punk
Pick 1 track from 901 post rock
pick 1 track from 903 Post rock
Pick 2 track from 903 Indie pop

In order to keep 2 out of 3  criterias from 1 line of script to the other one to have smooth transition .

Any help would be more than appreciated .

Best
M

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: script for smart playlist
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 04:25:45 am »

If you have the classification in fields can do this to select the mix you want:

~mix=7,2,{[Decade]=80 [mood]=1 [genre]=[Post Punk]},1,{[Decade]=90 [mood]=1 [genre]=[Post Punk]},1,{[Decade]=90 [mood]=1 [genre]=[Post Rock]},1,{[Decade]=90 [mood]=3 [genre]=[Post Rock]},2,{[Decade]=90 [mood]=3 [genre]=[Indie Pop]}

However the list comes out shuffled. Sorting it on that order is trickier, not sure it can be done with ~mix.

*I think* MC lacks an aggregation operator, perhaps you can request one as a new feature. It could work similar to Mix:
~join={Criteria1},{Criteria2},{Criteria3...}

Then you could have:
~shuffle ~join={[Decade]=80 [mood]=1 [genre]=[Post Punk] ~n=2},{[Decade]=90 [mood]=1 [genre]=[Post Punk] ~n=1},{[Decade]=90 [mood]=1 [genre]=[Post Rock] ~n=1}, ...
Pages: [1]   Go Up