INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Filename rule if there are several disks  (Read 262 times)

oct02

• Recent member
Filename rule if there are several disks
« on: February 23, 2024, 08:43:58 pm »

Hi, I want to synchronize a device and I don't know how to do to achieve this: I want JRiver to rename the files simply with "track number, track name", except if the album has multiple discs, in which case I would like it to rename the files with "disc number - track number - track name". Is it possible to do this with JRiver?

Thanks in advance

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Filename rule if there are several disks
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 03:45:24 am »

You can use field "total discs" but then of course you'll must to have correct data in that field for rule to be fool proof

You could also use some padding on numbers, 2 here to align tracks more nicely in explorer and such

Rule:
Code: [Select]
If(Compare([Total Discs],>,1), [Disc #]/ -/ ,)[Track #] - [Name]
Rule with padding:
If(Compare([Total Discs],>,1), PadNumber([Disc #],2)/ -/ ,)PadNumber([Track #],2) - [Name]

oct02

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 12:07:16 pm »

Thank you very much. I have corrected it a bit because the script created an empty intermediate folder like this:

So I have left the expression as it is:

If(Compare([Total Discs],>,1), PadNumber([Disc #],2)-,)PadNumber([Track #],2). [Name]
And it finally looks like this:

One question, if I may without creating a new post. I'm doing this to share a mac formatted disk from a mac. Is there any way for JRiver to move files present in the original folder like info.txt, booklet.pdf, photo1.jpg, etc? I have googled and it is not clear to me if JRiver can or cannot. Theoretically with the "*" mark it should move all files, but it only moves music files.

And another question. If I change in JRiver the name of the artist of the album, will JRiver delete in the synchronization the folder with the previous name of the artist and create a new one?

Thank you very much for your help.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 01:02:19 pm »

Glad that you got it working

There is a check mark in MC Rename, move and copy tool to move also all not imported files which are under same folder than files that you are actually moving with RMC tool.

MC doesn't move any files if you just update its tag(*). With RMC tool you can rename, move or copy files. Copy makes a new copy as the name suggest others just move/rename file but filekey in the MC's database stays the same so for MC the file is still the same even if the location was changed

WIKI: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Rename,_Move,_and_Copy_Files

*well of course if you change filename field then file will be also moved to that new path

oct02

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 01:08:35 pm »

Thanks, but that is in the "rename, move and copy" tool. I ask about the device sync tool. That's where I need it to move other files besides music files so I can have them on a disk to share on Soulseek or a DAP.

Thank you in advance.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 01:20:03 pm »

Right. I don't know any specifics about sync so can only offer wiki link https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Sync_Handheld

Perhaps someone else might be able to help with that if the wiki doesn't answer your question

oct02

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 01:35:33 pm »

Thank you. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on the subject because consulting the page on Handheld Sync Options in the Wiki does not clarify anything and it is a function that would be very interesting to keep the devices properly synchronized with the library: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Handheld_Sync_Options

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up