INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonore Ultrarendu Problem  (Read 476 times)

delin

• Recent member
Sonore Ultrarendu Problem
« on: February 26, 2024, 09:58:49 am »

I have my audio files stored on the same windows laptop as JRiver (v. 31). Recently I acquired a Sonore ultrarendu. Every time I use JRiver I have to repopulate the library, about a 10 minute process. What settings do I need so that there is a stable library?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How does one set up a stable library?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2024, 10:16:36 am »

I have my audio files stored on the same windows laptop as JRiver (v. 31). Recently I acquired a Sonore ultrarendu. Every time I use JRiver I have to repopulate the library, about a 10 minute process. What settings do I need so that there is a stable library?

You're probably running the install file instead of the program.

delin

• Recent member
Re: Sonore Ultrarendu Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2024, 10:33:53 am »

I don't understand what steps I need to take. Please be as complete and literal as possible (e.g. refer me to specific material in the user guide).

By the way, I had been running JRiver on this laptop since 2017 with no problem accessing files. My problem started subsequent to installing the ultrarendu. The laptop is the only computer on this "network" (save the renderer).

Once I load the library, I'm able to select and play music without problems. But if I leave JRiver, I have to reload the files to a library again.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2024, 10:51:20 am »

When you say "load the library", what do you mean?  Where?  On the renderer?  Or in MC?

If you use MC to play locally, does that work correctly?

delin

• Recent member
Sonore ultraRendu Problem
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 11:42:09 am »

The answer to your first question is that I need to reload in MC. By files I mean the information (metadata, pictures) about the music files, not the music files themselves.

The answer to your second question is that I haven't had any problem with library access using local playback (meaning playing directly to my external dac). I can't directly test whether this is still true without removing the renderer. But if you think this is important to test out, I can do so.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 11:46:43 am »

The answer to your first question is that I need to reload in MC. By files I mean the information (metadata, pictures) about the music files, not the music files themselves.
So this is slow?  Loading the library should just take a few seconds.  If you run Library Server on Windows startup, it should be even faster.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 11:48:59 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up