INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRMC32 ALSA Issue On Jammy  (Read 270 times)

dcoffin

JRMC32 ALSA Issue On Jammy
« on: February 27, 2024, 12:21:11 pm »

I'm a long time MC Master Licensee and user. I am having issues running MC32 on Linux (per subject line). I upgraded to Ubuntu 22 and then installed latest MC32 build from repo using Bryan's script.

While MC32 runs and seems to be playing files when requested, there is no sound out. I've used alternative drivers like iec958, or direct to my DAC ones, with still no output. The DAC properly displays the requested file's sample rate. I even tried an alternative DAC, with similar failure to play. All other audio apps like VLC and others play fine. Attached are two log files: 1) from time of request to play file 2) tracking closure and reopening MC22.

Any help interpreting these logs and identifying my problem would be appreciated.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: JRMC32 ALSA Issue On Jammy
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 01:36:43 pm »

If the DAC is displaying the correct sample rate then JRiver is successfully sending the audio stream to the DAC, so it's mysterious that you're not getting sound.  Not to make a dumb suggestion, but I assume that you've checked that nothing is muted (not JRiver, not the alsa mixer, not the physical device via it's own volume control, etc.) and that everything is correctly connected downstream of the DAC (i.e. DAC connected to amp, amp on and connected to speakers, etc.).  Sorry for an obvious suggestion, but I've never personally seen a playback problem where the DAC was actually getting signal.

dcoffin

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 02:05:44 pm »

...Not to make a dumb suggestion, but I assume that you've checked that nothing is muted (not JRiver...

OMG. MC was 0% volume. I'm such a dumb ass needing dumb suggestion. Sheesh. Thanks. Closed.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 02:46:15 pm »

OMG. MC was 0% volume. I'm such a dumb ass needing dumb suggestion. Sheesh. Thanks. Closed.

It's definitely happened to me before, which is why I thought to ask!  Glad it was an easy fix  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up