INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Permissions  (Read 192 times)

MCP

Permissions
« on: February 27, 2024, 05:38:53 pm »

Greeting's all,

Just getting started with the JR 32 (upgraded from 31 trial) Looking for insight from experience end users from previous Ver.

My system comprises of a MacMini M1, Synology 920+ with very large DB (17.1 TB), Miminserver, audio only, ethernet to the Hegel H390.
After the install I was asked three permissions to access, keystroke, screen and audio access (?) and accessibility. I denied accessibility.
Comments welcomed.

I seen memory grabs, spinning wheel of death when I select a different pane. Not sure whats going on there.

I get DLNA connections issues between12-24 hours. The only why I can clear is to cold reboot the Hegel. (router lease ?)

Will entertain hardware adjustments as long as they don't have a 7-12k  price tag.

More to follow im sure. Thanks in advance.

Listening loud,
MC

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Permissions
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 05:59:03 pm »

Read the thread about permissions and why you want them, first post in this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137894.msg956331.html#msg956331

You're likely seeing stalls because your Mac is importing the files and creating thumbnails.
You can control the number of threads used for that in MC's options.
If the files are on a spinner (disk) you should only use one thread.

For DLNA devices it shouldn't matter that the IP's change but you could always assign them static leases. It makes things simpler.

Pages: [1]   Go Up