INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Number Plays count increment added to next track  (Read 416 times)

Ziba

• Recent member
Number Plays count increment added to next track
« on: March 01, 2024, 08:16:11 am »

Hi,

I've been having issues for the past few months with the way MC increments a "Number Plays" for a given track. Instead of adding +1 to the Number Plays when a track has been played, the Number Plays count for the following track gets incremented.

For example, if I play track 1 of an album, once track one is done and MC moves to track 2, track 2 gets an increment by +1 instead of track 1. Number Plays are thus shifted to the following tracks instead.

Any idea how to fix this? I'm currently using MC 26.

Thanks.

Ziba

• Recent member
Re: Number Plays count increment added to next track
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 09:10:39 pm »

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2024, 04:06:06 am »

Are you saying the "Number Plays" increases when a track starts instead of when it ends (or after 50% played) ?
This is expected when using an external player application (ie, MC just starts an external app to play the file, doesn't actually know when it ends).
It's possible that this is also the behavior with some DLNA devices as they can pull the entire track at startup, but I'm not sure.

Ziba

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2024, 07:34:15 am »

It increases when the track ends / after 50% played as expected.

I can't figure out how to attach a pic, so here's an example of of a four 4 track EP I listened to once all the way through in sequential order (Track / Number Plays):

Track 1 / 0 (empty)
Track 2 / 1
Track 3 / 1
Track 4 / 1

The, if I played Track 1 only using the same stats as above, it would look like this:

Track 1 / 0 (empty)
Track 2 / 2
Track 3 / 1
Track 4 / 1

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2024, 08:28:34 am »

Are you playing to a DLNA device? What's the track #1 length and what version of MC?

Similar issues have been raised before. It's possible it's a bug, or just a side effect of how your device reports progress to MC. Check the DLNA device settings/tweaks, it may fix that. Otherwise someone from JRiver would need to take a look.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129418.msg897909.html#msg897909
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128382.msg890785.html#msg890785

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 08:35:09 am »

You could try MC32.  It's free to try and MC26 is pretty old.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Ziba

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 07:33:37 pm »

Are you playing to a DLNA device? What's the track #1 length and what version of MC?

Similar issues have been raised before. It's possible it's a bug, or just a side effect of how your device reports progress to MC. Check the DLNA device settings/tweaks, it may fix that. Otherwise someone from JRiver would need to take a look.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,129418.msg897909.html#msg897909
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,128382.msg890785.html#msg890785

I think you're right. I noticed that Number plays gets updated correctly when playing a track from the main library on the main computer. It's only when I'm playing a track on a client computer that the Number Plays is wonky. No idea why though.

You could try MC32.  It's free to try and MC26 is pretty old.

I'd definitely update to MC32 if I knew for sure that this would fix the issue. Perhaps I should back up the library and reinstall MC26 before upgrading to see if a fresh install would resolve the issue?

Ziba

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 02:58:11 pm »

UPDATE: I upgraded to MC32 on both the library and the client computer and looks like it did the trick!
Pages: [1]   Go Up