INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IdPi with HiFiBerry and Digione  (Read 314 times)

Trun

• Recent member
IdPi with HiFiBerry and Digione
« on: March 03, 2024, 10:03:57 am »

Hi,
Wondered if someone could advise on an issue with IdPi audio device recognition and poor sound quality with a HiFiBerry Digo+Pro.

Wondered if this was as simple as having the config.txt file 'dtoverlay=allo-digione' line deleted by JRiver?

History is:

I was using a HiFiBerry on Raspberry Pi4 in April 2023, the screen shots show the HiFiBerry device recognized on the IdPi audio Information screen and the selected audio device setting. The sound quality was good and comparable to my other network player.

In September I ordered two replacement IdPi SD cards because I lost two from unexpected power blackouts, I now have the Pi on battery back-up.  On the new SD cards I asked for inclusion of the 'dtoverlay=allo-digione' line in config.txt file because I wanted to try out the Digione. The player worked well and sound quality was good.

In February 2024 I decided to switch back to the HiFiBerry. Now in audio information the IdPi recognizes the HiFiBerry as the Digione as shown in the screenshot below. The audio device selection screen shot shows the same.  The Whitebear analyzer shows good settings for the MC audio settings.
I am running JRMC32.0.20 and run weekly updates the IdPi. Appreciate any help, Regards.

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
Re: IdPi with HiFiBerry and Digione
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 06:27:32 am »

You could refer to this here: https://www.hifiberry.com/docs/software/configuring-linux-3-18-x/

Yes, you'll need a different dtoverlay.

If you know what you're doing, you can do this yourself. Just access the card via a different system (e.g. Windows), and edit config.txt using a proper text editor.
END OF LINE.

Trun

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 03:35:34 pm »

Thank you very much, that worked. I guessed so but was worried about making change before asking. i thought somewhere I read that if the correct dtoverlay item was in the overlays folder then it would be found automatically. Not the case. Thanks Again.

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 03:55:46 pm »

No problem, I'm glad it helped. Had to do the same thing for one of my IdPi ;)
END OF LINE.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 09:15:05 am »

With regards to the auto selection of the overlay, the method in the eerom of the HiFiBerry no longer is supported in new RPi kernels. I don't think the Digione has that at all.
So editing the config.txt is the way to go and it's pretty simple to do on a Windows or Mac machine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up